Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know we need English players to fill the quota & Dykes stupid idea to have so many English in the 1st team that may be implemented in the future.

English players have always been over rated & over priced in the Premiership Era & Dykes idea is jsut going to push the price up because there are not many quality English players about for the top clubs to buy.

However for me the only English players i would have in our Squad is Walcott or Stones & they would deffo cost less than the crazy price the dippers are asking for Sterling.

I realise it is not my decision & it is all conjecture, but i feel as a fan who has paid alot of hard earned £ into the club for many, many years we as fans have the right, may i say duty to voice our beleifs.

I will get behind any City player & will with Sterling IF we sign him, but for me he has pace & little else- his final ball & Shooting are average. I hope he proves me wrong & playing with better players improves him as City will be sucessful & we will all be happy. I beleive though that you only pay £30 upwards for Proven class NOT potential class- look at how much Sanchez cost, who is a far better player.

We deffo need pace & skill out wide BUT when Reus & Isco are attainable for a similar price or maybe less, it is madness to pay that much for Sterling.

We all know we need English players to fill the quota & Dykes stupid idea to have so many English in the 1st team that may be implemented in the future.
English players have always been over rated & over priced in the Premiership Era & Dykes idea is just going to push the price up because there are not many quality English players about for the top clubs to buy.
However for me the only English players i would have in our Squad is Walcott or Stones & they would deffo cost less than the crazy price the dippers are asking for Sterling.
I realise it is not my decision & it is all conjecture, but i feel as a fan who has paid alot of hard earned £ into the club for many, many years we as fans have the right, may i say duty to voice our beleifs.
I will get behind any City player & will with Sterling IF we sign him, but for me he has pace & little else- his final ball & Shooting are average. I hope he proves me wrong & playing with better players improves him as City will be sucessful & we will all be happy. I beleive though that you only pay 30M upwards for Proven class NOT potential class- look at how much Sanchez cost, who is a far better player.
We deffo need pace & skill out wide BUT when Reus & Isco are attainable for a similar price or maybe less, it is madness to pay that much for Sterling...

They weren't far off. You'll still need to pay FSG back at some stage and the Sterling money could be used for that. Seeing as Sterling will be a huge one off profit and the stand a huge one off expenditure it'd be a more suitable use of the cash than squad investment, which as an ongoing process should be done from ongoing revenue and cash reserves.

Well that hasn't been the modus operandi so far from the owners. I actually think they have been incredibly lucky to continually stumble upon a star player who we can sell for a huge amount of money. Each time they have reinvested all this cash in a scatter gun approach. It has given the impression they have spent hugely which has appeased the fans but in reality the net figures are tiny. Torres/Suarez/Sterling yield about £175m in sales alone.

My take is that they are looking to sell at some point in the next few years and until that happens are just looking to keep the club ticking over. We are currently in the process of maxing out revenue potential across all areas of the business. New TV money from next season, after the stadium expansion happens it will yield another £25m a season in revenue. The wage bill has been lowered significantly. We hardly have a player on over 100k after Gerrard and Johnson leave which is astounding given the huge increase in TV revenue. At some point soon the club will have matured to a maximum value, already it has gone from £300m to £650 since they took over. I think once the new revenue streams from stadium/TV deal kick in over the next few years to raise that value to near £800 they will try sell up shop.

Well that hasn't been the modus operandi so far from the owners. I actually think they have been incredibly lucky to continually stumble upon a star player who we can sell for a huge amount of money. Each time they have reinvested all this cash in a scatter gun approach. It has given the impression they have spent hugely which has appeased the fans but in reality the net figures are tiny. Torres/Suarez/Sterling yield about £175m in sales alone.

My take is that they are looking to sell at some point in the next few years and until that happens are just looking to keep the club ticking over. We are currently in the process of maxing out revenue potential across all areas of the business. New TV money from next season, after the stadium expansion happens it will yield another £25m a season in revenue. The wage bill has been lowered significantly. We hardly have a player on over 100k after Gerrard and Johnson leave which is astounding given the huge increase in TV revenue. At some point soon the club will have matured to a maximum value, already it has gone from £300m to £650 since they took over. I think once the new revenue streams from stadium/TV deal kick in over the next few years to raise that value to near £800 they will try sell up shop.
That's my take on it too, the loan system of putting cash in suggests that they want to be able to disengage themselves from the club as quickly as possible if necessary while getting their money back, the interest free part is just PR, interest on those loans would hurt the value of their asset.

That's my take on it too, the loan system of putting cash in suggests that they want to be able to disengage themselves from the club as quickly as possible if necessary while getting their money back, the interest free part is just PR, interest on those loans would hurt the value of their asset.

Funny enough I agree completely. The loan enables them to raise revenue, turnover etc with the stadium expansion which in turn means the value of the club rises while at the same time it always needs to be paid back as part of any sale. Their background is as hedge fund vultures.

You also seem to be operating on a shoe string with regard to your "freebies" in the transfer market.Its obvious that the top range players will not want a move without the CL,so how are LFC likely to combat that if they aren`t prepared to spend big.Its certainly going to get tougher if UEFA pull the plug next season on that 4th PL placing.
By the way mate,I have no problems with your posts as at least you`re trying to have a decent footballing discussion.Unfortunately I can`t speak for a lot of my fellow Blue Mooners.

Interesting
Not really. Neither would appear to be available and neither are English. Anyone who truly understands football (and can surmount their prejudices towards Liverpool) will know that Sterling is a special talent. A special talent City would love to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.