Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it went to a tribunal for us with Sturridge because his contract expired and as he was under 24 years so we got a developement fee that had to be decided by tribunal as we couldn't agree one with Chesea. A similar scenario to yourselves getting Ings from Burnley. If you can't agree a deal with Burnley it will go to tribunal. I might be wrong though I'm no expert I just saying what I perceive the situation to be.

Unless of course it counts that you have developed Sterling as you bought him when he was 16. Like I've said I don't know.

Yeah my understanding is that we would get the development fee from Sterling the same as you with Sturridge. He was 15 when he joined Liverpool.

Yeah my understanding is that we would get the development fee from Sterling the same as you with Sturridge. He was 15 when he joined Liverpool.
Not under the Webster ruling. You would if he leaves in two years time, but it would be far less than the value you have of him.

Does anybody know how much would sterling lose if he asked for a transfer ?
Is it too simple to say ask for a move and we will pay you the lost money instead of Liverpool ?
If he's on low money it wouldn't be much anyway

Not under the Webster ruling. You would if he leaves in two years time, but it would be far less than the value you have of him.

Yes but I keep making the point the webster thing will never come into play. Why is Clyne not buying himself out of his contract? I can give plenty of examples. No one does it.

Not complaining i just think if we as fans pay our hard earned £ into the club we can within reason say what we want- i doubt any of us have the £ that our players or more so our owner or the club has.

Making homegrown more important than clear cut proven ability refers back to my point on Dykes proposal as at best ill conceived.

I realise the homegrown quota we have to adhere to like all the othe clubs BUT proven world class ability for mr wins hands down on anythin else & should be the priority when signing any player, deffo one for the massive amount being quoted for Sterling m8.

Overall though it is not up to me or you & i sincerly hope Sterling is brilliant for us, despite varying opinions we are ALL City fans & if a player performs & we win trophies with his help we will all be happy.

Being homegrown isn't more important than talent, but this summer we need to add home grown players so it's almost equally important. Plus, Sterling is arguably as talented, or certainly close to, Isco and Reus. It's not like we're talking about signing Andros Townsend, just because he's home grown.

This x 1,000,000. Hands down one of my favorite moments not just as a City fan but in observed life. The pinnacle of "fuck yous".

Was with my dad in the Colin Bell stand when he nodded home. As soon as Wright Phillips picked up the ball my dad went 'Adebayor header, here!'

Seeing him running off and twigging what he was about to do was hilarious. Seeing that celebration was unbelievable! Probably the highlight of that season for me!

It seemed symbolic!. It felt like City arriving on the big stage with a huge 'Fuck you!' to the doubters.

And forget about the money, it's not real nowadays, football's gone crazy, it's like monopoly money.

Webster rule says he can buyout his own contract next summer

That will never ever ever happen.

Never is a long time. Eventually someone will use the Webster ruling, it's inevitable. The way your club has treated Sterling has been appalling, add to that his agent is a bit of a twat. I would not put it past Sterling to be the first Prem player to use that ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.