Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it's not coming out our own pockets. And it's not like we can't afford it. I don't see why such a fuss over the fee. I want the best players at my club , I couldn't give 2 shits about the price.

I agree in that sense, but we could easily take him for 40m instead of 50m. I don't see no one else bidding for him so if Liverpool want to keep hold of an unhappy player, so be it.

But if Kovacic is worth 25m, why should Sterling be worth 50m?

Rio and Alan Shearer have both expressed their views on this subject and quite frankly, I agree with them. Most pundits in the country would agree with me also. Daylight robbery 50m.
RIO !!! Who the fucks RIO unless you`re a fucking rag !!!! No wonder you`re on the defensive calling that twat by his first name.

Rio and Alan Shearer have both expressed their views on this subject and quite frankly, I agree with them. Most pundits in the country would agree with me also. Daylight robbery 50m.
Because he is English and one pays a premium for such.

We also need home grown, he is also young and we could get five years off him and sell at a profit if needed.

Shearer and Rio? Pmsl.

The thing that irks me is that we seem destined to meet their absurd valuation, which no other club is prepared to meet, of £50m.

We're the only club at the table, they have a player who is desperate to leave and refuses to sign a new contract. We should be in the stronger position, but it seems we're in the weaker one.

One thing I noticed, which that Times correspondent touched upon, is that we leaped from £25m + £5m to £35m + £5m in one bid. That's a leap of ten million in a single bid.

Surely smaller increments would've served us better with getting a value for money deal? Left us little wriggle room now. Unless we were fully expecting the dippers to accept the second bid on the basis that it was a 'take it or leave it' offer, and they called our bluff?

The Times correspondent, who apparently has links to Liverpool, said it surprised Liverpool how much we leaped in that second bid. Could end up costing us more. Thought the same myself when the news broke.

Just feel like we haven't played this one particularly well.

People can argue that it's not my money etc etc to infinitum, but where I worry is that paying over the odds for Sterling (£50m is over the odds, I don't care how you try and justify it), and showing ourselves to be a weak touch in negotiations here, could really come back to haunt us when we go in for Pogba and De Bruyne.

Who's to say Juventus and Wolfsburg won't point to the fee we pay for Sterling and bang inflated fees on their two prized assets? And where will that leave us?

I'll be happy if/when Sterling becomes a blue, but I can't help but have my reservations about how we've approached the deal.

Tin hat on.

well he will play 90% more games this season than he did at the scum plus stop going on and on about money it's not coming out of your bank account!

It comes out of the clubs transfer kitty though, strengthens a rival and gives us less bargaining power for the hard transfers De Bruyne/Pogba. I've got to say, if we buy a player for 50m from Liverpool when we held all the cards then whoever is in charge of transfers this summer is off to an appalling start. God knows how much we will spend when there's a rival bidder and the player hasn't cut al ties with the selling club etc. Can I get a job at City negotiating transfers if all it involves is agreeing to outlandish valuations from the selling club.

I care because we are getting mugged off by the scousers if we start paying ridiculous fees like that and in the end, paying such a huge fee will only swallow the player up and put much added pressure on him.
You're getting quite tedious in this thread now, I'd suggest you move on.

City want Sterling, doesn't matter what you think, and it doesn't matter to the fan, what the club are willing to pay, try understanding that, and not just posting about your man love Kovacic, who it would appear City don't want, judging from the lack of bids.

Both of those players went for record fees, that's presumably why they were asked hide opinion, not because they have anymore knowledge about football finances then the next person

I do not view thier opinion on anything City related highly and nor is it evidence to back your point about us over paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.