Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LongLang what do you mean we were burnt on Adam Johnson?

Pretty sure we got our money back on him after getting a good couple of seasons from him.

If you are gonna be argumentative, at least get your facts right, eh?

Hurry up and sign, Raheem, I want to rub my 'pool fans noses in it!

think we should hold firm at last bid, 50mil is crazy money,hes not worth more than our initial bid, but its british premiums that will drive the price up. only time will tell i guess. but the pressure on the guy will be immense to perform. maybe a few bottle of hippy crack before a game would settle him down ;)

I used Sinclair as an example of a decent looking young English lad not cutting the mustard.
Now IF sterling fails to live up to the hype, then it would be quite similar.
As I mentioned once or twice, I hope he DOES cut the mustard. I just think 40m is a huge risk.
A huge risk is paying 100k for a mortgage when you're unsure in you can afford that.

Paying £40m for a top young English talent when you're turnover is circa £400m is anything but a huge risk.

Sterling would be a great buy for the club and as for sending Liverpool a message that their time is over as top dogs it's a win win if we buy him even at on over inflated price.The cult will go into overdrive if he ever puts on a blue shirt and delivers at the place we call home.

think we should hold firm at last bid, 50mil is crazy money,hes not worth more than our initial bid, but its british premiums that will drive the price up. only time will tell i guess. but the pressure on the guy will be immense to perform. maybe a few bottle of hippy crack before a game would settle him down ;)

Can't wait til I see your first post in the matchday forums slagging him off.

I used Sinclair as an example of a decent looking young English lad not cutting the mustard.
Now IF sterling fails to live up to the hype, then it would be quite similar.
As I mentioned once or twice, I hope he DOES cut the mustard. I just think 40m is a huge risk.

It's a ridiculous comparison imo. They are and have always been light years away from each other talent wise.

That's alright mate we understand. Just PM me your acc no, sort code, full name and DOB and I'll take you off the list of people funding the transfer via direct debit.

Comments like this are factually right as at is not each persons £, BUT to be frank it is a childish & fascile comment too.

As a fan who pays £ into the club for seasoncards, tickets, merchandise etc it is anybodys right to express an opinion - that is what a blog is for.

Peoplw including me are concerned (including me) by the price tag because he is not worth the £ at this current time maybe if he proves himself over seasons he wil be & this is why the club feel the tag is acceptable & the quota aspect is a big factor too.

The main concerns about the tag are-

1) City do not have a bottomless pit because of FFP & we need to spend wisely because of this, I KNOW we are in profit now therefor we need to stay of the FFP radar by being prudent.

2) Clubs will continually try to rip us off- IF we Spend £50m on a 20 year old & an unproven player how much would proper players who are worth massive fees (in the current market) cost like Isco, Reus etc.

Football is all about opinions, fair enough, but slamming fans down who have legitamate concerns is pointless & makes the person who does this look childish & i for one do not take their opinions as serious as someone who shows good, reasoned points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.