Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not to lose now, but to win.
The Rags and Scousers need to give in.
Vicious like Wolverine,
Our Silva and Raheem goal machine
Silva Raheem, Silva Raheem goal machine"

To the tune of 'Silver Dream Machine' by Essex

............Ok, so I'm bored now my fave thread has been pulled - at least I'm trying to convert my frustrations into something creative!

The fuck!

It has gone a bit quiet I guess. I think, rightly or wrongly, a lot of people expected/hoped for some news last week. Given there was no news, a bit of impatience has crept in. I guess we all want a signing to get the ball rolling!

Yep. Once Sunday heralded the start of this week people were always going to be impatient.

Wow what do you mean dont trust them?

They can make whatever decisions they want they do not need your approval they are in charge of the club

Well I was unaware of that, the Sheikh usually drops us a line before any major decisions. Thanks for letting me know

The signing of Santa Cruz was a joke, there were very few people who thought it was a good idea. The sum suggested made it even more of a bad idea. Hughes wanted players he had worked with before and it was destined to be a poor signing. Sterling isn't a one season wonder by any means. He's had two good seasons in a row and is only 20. Even if he fails to adapt, turns to crap and barely gets a game we can still sell him on for about £20m the way the market is going. We have every right to be negative, particularly when it's an English player and it's big money because we haven't the perfect track record. I don't see £45m as a huge sum, I'd rather pay that now than wait a season or two and risk that rising to £100m.

Sterling's worth should rise if he continues to improve which helps take a bit of the risk away from this. The only fear is that we don't improve all areas of our squad because we've spent so much on Sterling, Pogba and De Bruyne. FFP isn't done and dusted yet and may still come back and bite us.
Apparently sterling was at citys ground this mornings so the deal could be close.

The signing of Santa Cruz was a joke, there were very few people who thought it was a good idea. The sum suggested made it even more of a bad idea. Hughes wanted players he had worked with before and it was destined to be a poor signing. Sterling isn't a one season wonder by any means. He's had two good seasons in a row and is only 20. Even if he fails to adapt, turns to crap and barely gets a game we can still sell him on for about £20m the way the market is going. We have every right to be negative, particularly when it's an English player and it's big money because we haven't the perfect track record. I don't see £45m as a huge sum, I'd rather pay that now than wait a season or two and risk that rising to £100m.

Sterling's worth should rise if he continues to improve which helps take a bit of the risk away from this. The only fear is that we don't improve all areas of our squad because we've spent so much on Sterling, Pogba and De Bruyne. FFP isn't done and dusted yet and may still come back and bite us.

As IBH says, Santa Cruz was a very difficult opponent when he played against us, every time, & fully fit, would have been a good option for City. The problem wasn't his ability, it was the fact that he passed a medical.

Bony is a fantastic header of the ball, & he, & City will benefit if Sterling & particularly DeBruyne, come to City. One area where the rags & Chelsea have been significantly better than us over the years, is breaking down teams by crosses, often converted with headers, but not always. Just because we can pass the ball in triangles doesn't mean we can't also cross it. Bayern Munich are another who are miles better at it than City, Real Madrid too, in fact most top teams do it better than us.

Barca are probably the only top side who don't use it as much. They have Messi.
I agree, especially about Bony(as we looked infinitely more dangerous from crosses whenever he's on the pitch), but I think the way we play generally doesn't involve us getting enough people in the box often enough for rag levels of crosses being effective. Most of the time, we have only one or two men in the box, then act surprised when we can't find them with a cross. That's the problem with having so many players like Silva, Yaya and Nasri. They all want to play triangles, outside the box, they rarely actually make runs into the box. If the ball is out wide they go out wide to offer a short pass out, instead of making a run into the box (Yaya does occasionally, to great effect, but Nasri, Navas and Silva rarely do)

If we want to get more out of crosses, then we need to improve our options in the middle more than we need to improve the actual crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.