Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he could cross like Beckham, would Sergio and Dave suddenly grow a foot taller so that he actually had someone to cross too? I doubt it. Couldn't care less what his crossing is like, he's about pace and directness and his off the ball movement. Using him as a go down the line and cross it aimlessly into the box winger would be a complete waste of talent

Exactly. His job will be to run at and take on players, win free kicks and penalties, lay the ball off for other players and chip in with a few goals. He won't be running down the line pinging in crosses.

I think it's worth mentioning that a cross isn't only a cross if it's in the air to someone's head. People seem to be blind to this fact!

They may not have been tall, but they were fantastic headers of the ball. They also played a system that involved throwing in about 3000 crosses a game and then you only saw the good ones on MOTD. The way we play, the other team always has a packed box and crossing really isn't going to be a productive option that often with the people we have in the middle.

Bony is a fantastic header of the ball, & he, & City will benefit if Sterling & particularly DeBruyne, come to City. One area where the rags & Chelsea have been significantly better than us over the years, is breaking down teams by crosses, often converted with headers, but not always. Just because we can pass the ball in triangles doesn't mean we can't also cross it. Bayern Munich are another who are miles better at it than City, Real Madrid too, in fact most top teams do it better than us.

Barca are probably the only top side who don't use it as much. They have Messi.

"Not to lose now, but to win.
The Rags and Scousers need to give in.
Vicious like Wolverine,
Our Silva and Raheem goal machine
Silva Raheem, Silva Raheem goal machine"

To the tune of 'Silver Dream Machine' by Essex

............Ok, so I'm bored now my fave thread has been pulled - at least I'm trying to convert my frustrations into something creative!

Blindly trust them because they work for City isn't exactly a great idea.

Whoever signed off on RSC worked for City.

Wow what do you mean dont trust them?

They can make whatever decisions they want they do not need your approval they are in charge of the club

So you dont think he is worth £40m thanks for that. I know a few people some of whom are employed by City in a professional capacity to make decisions about buying players and they seem to think he is worth whatever they need to pay to get their man. I am not sure any of us know what that amount will be but provided they are happy with it then I am not sure that why you should be concerned. These professionals know what players they want what money they have available and whether they can afford the price if they are happy maybe we could leave it to them

You are right & hopefully the club know more than all of us what a player is worth & how he will fit into the team.

TBH though i do not want him at City as there are superior players in his position for a similar or cheaper price.

Of course once he plays in blue i will get behind him & i sincerly hopes he proves me wrong & smashes it at City, i will be happy to hold my hands up & say i was wrong because IF he provides what we are missing i & all blues will be happy with the trophies he helps win.

To be fair RSC was a decent player who scored 20+ goals in the Prem...albeit for 1 season

Injury free he would have been a very good player

The signing of Santa Cruz was a joke, there were very few people who thought it was a good idea. The sum suggested made it even more of a bad idea. Hughes wanted players he had worked with before and it was destined to be a poor signing. Sterling isn't a one season wonder by any means. He's had two good seasons in a row and is only 20. Even if he fails to adapt, turns to crap and barely gets a game we can still sell him on for about £20m the way the market is going. We have every right to be negative, particularly when it's an English player and it's big money because we haven't the perfect track record. I don't see £45m as a huge sum, I'd rather pay that now than wait a season or two and risk that rising to £100m.

Sterling's worth should rise if he continues to improve which helps take a bit of the risk away from this. The only fear is that we don't improve all areas of our squad because we've spent so much on Sterling, Pogba and De Bruyne. FFP isn't done and dusted yet and may still come back and bite us.

Am I getting a little impatient or has this gone a bit quiet in the media?

It has gone a bit quiet I guess. I think, rightly or wrongly, a lot of people expected/hoped for some news last week. Given there was no news, a bit of impatience has crept in. I guess we all want a signing to get the ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.