Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all well and good, but to a few of these posters we saw the first 100 posts stating that you don't think Sterling is worth the fee, stop posting exactly the same thing over and over again and spamming the board. Or at the very least don't woman about it when someone cannot take you seriously after your 47th "I don't think Sterling's worth £40m, I only think he's worth £35m" post.

That is fair enough m8, have not got time to read 100's of pages :)

I come on here to be entertained by some of the funny comments meant in jest OR a proper football debate.

I just posted my original comment because cannot be doing with schoolyard tittle tattle- got enough of that from rags in school & now in work :)

BTW Sterling is worth 25M at best in my eyes cos of the english premium, less if he was foreign :)

You don't need to be tall to be effective at getting on the end of crosses, you just need an accurate crosser.

Beckham made his name swinging it in to Cole (5' 11), Yorke (5' 9), Solskjaer (5' 10) and Sheringham (6 '1). Aguero is 5' 8

You don't need to be tall to be effective at getting on the end of crosses, you just need an accurate crosser.

Beckham made his name swinging it in to Cole (5' 11), Yorke (5' 9), Solskjaer (5' 10) and Sheringham (6 '1). Aguero is 5' 8

Irrespective of height, Aguero doesn't have the same aerial prowess as those players anyway.

Comments like this are factually right as at is not each persons £, BUT to be frank it is a childish & fascile comment too.

As a fan who pays £ into the club for seasoncards, tickets, merchandise etc it is anybodys right to express an opinion - that is what a blog is for.

Peoplw including me are concerned (including me) by the price tag because he is not worth the £ at this current time maybe if he proves himself over seasons he wil be & this is why the club feel the tag is acceptable & the quota aspect is a big factor too.

The main concerns about the tag are-

1) City do not have a bottomless pit because of FFP & we need to spend wisely because of this, I KNOW we are in profit now therefor we need to stay of the FFP radar by being prudent.

2) Clubs will continually try to rip us off- IF we Spend £50m on a 20 year old & an unproven player how much would proper players who are worth massive fees (in the current market) cost like Isco, Reus etc.

Football is all about opinions, fair enough, but slamming fans down who have legitamate concerns is pointless & makes the person who does this look childish & i for one do not take their opinions as serious as someone who shows good, reasoned points.

So you dont think he is worth £40m thanks for that. I know a few people some of whom are employed by City in a professional capacity to make decisions about buying players and they seem to think he is worth whatever they need to pay to get their man. I am not sure any of us know what that amount will be but provided they are happy with it then I am not sure that why you should be concerned. These professionals know what players they want what money they have available and whether they can afford the price if they are happy maybe we could leave it to them

They may not have been tall, but they were fantastic headers of the ball. They also played a system that involved throwing in about 3000 crosses a game and then you only saw the good ones on MOTD. The way we play, the other team always has a packed box and crossing really isn't going to be a productive option that often with the people we have in the middle.

Look at our goal against Chelsea at the Bridge for an example of how potent a decent ball into the box can be. Navas put it in a dangerous area and it caused defensive chaos for Chelsea and led to our goal. It doesn't matter how tall our strikers are, if a ball in is good then it has to be dealt with and you can't always defend a cross accurately. The ball can end up anywhere and chances can be created. What was key about that was a quick ball into the box struck with real pace. If we use that as an attacking threat more regularly inevitably Mr. Aguero makes sure he is in and around the box to be on the receiving end of them. Did anyone see his goal from Zabaleta's cross at the Copa America?

If lining up with Sterling I'd rather not see him out wide crossing anything. Link up play with Silva and Aguero will be key, not smashing it into the box hoping someone gets on the end of it.

So you dont think he is worth £40m thanks for that. I know a few people some of whom are employed by City in a professional capacity to make decisions about buying players and they seem to think he is worth whatever they need to pay to get their man. I am not sure any of us know what that amount will be but provided they are happy with it then I am not sure that why you should be concerned. These professionals know what players they want what money they have available and whether they can afford the price if they are happy maybe we could leave it to them

Blindly trust them because they work for City isn't exactly a great idea.

Whoever signed off on RSC worked for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.