Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not to lose now, but to win.
The Rags and Scousers need to give in.
Vicious like Wolverine,
Our Silva and Raheem goal machine
Silva Raheem, Silva Raheem goal machine"

To the tune of 'Silver Dream Machine' by Essex

............Ok, so I'm bored now my fave thread has been pulled - at least I'm trying to convert my frustrations into something creative!
Nothing personal towards you but you're not going to be anywhere near 115 row Z this season by any chance?

It has gone a bit quiet I guess. I think, rightly or wrongly, a lot of people expected/hoped for some news last week. Given there was no news, a bit of impatience has crept in. I guess we all want a signing to get the ball rolling!
Don't get me wrong I have every faith that we're doing everything behind the scenes just want the velociraptor to get signed!! Absolutely I think as soon as 1 is done the others will follow.

I agree, especially about Bony(as we looked infinitely more dangerous from crosses whenever he's on the pitch), but I think the way we play generally doesn't involve us getting enough people in the box often enough for rag levels of crosses being effective. Most of the time, we have only one or two men in the box, then act surprised when we can't find them with a cross. That's the problem with having so many players like Silva, Yaya and Nasri. They all want to play triangles, outside the box, they rarely actually make runs into the box. If the ball is out wide they go out wide to offer a short pass out, instead of making a run into the box (Yaya does occasionally, to great effect, but Nasri, Navas and Silva rarely do)

If we want to get more out of crosses, then we need to improve our options in the middle more than we need to improve the actual crosses.

Aguero scored a near post goal for Argentina the other night. Usually for City, he would have a defender between him & the ball & be more central & the same cross would be described as 'aimless'.. We should always have players attacking both posts & someone coming in for the rebounds in the centre imo. When we do get players in the box, we usually win, then next game for some reason, the box is empty again. Under both managers too. I don't understand it.

But Sterling has the pace to get himself into the box quickly as well, so may also give us an extra threat from that point of view. I can imagine DeBruyne for instance, finding him, even by accident if he misses Aguero.

If we get the players we are after, our attacking options will be on another level next season. Not forgetting the kids too.

The signing of Santa Cruz was a joke, there were very few people who thought it was a good idea. The sum suggested made it even more of a bad idea. Hughes wanted players he had worked with before and it was destined to be a poor signing.

He had virtually a 1 goal in every 2 games ratio at Blackburn in his first season but you're right...he petered off in his second season there...think he scored 4...and yes we did overpay for him...but with his injuries and the fact him and his who family were robbed at knifepoint I genuinely think he could have been a special player in different circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.