Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some may take the piss but it's good to see we are gearing up for a move soonish. The last I heard had made me a bit concerned, I can't remember who tweeted it but it said "Chelsea maybe, ish, probs, poss, totes bidding for Sterling never".
But not willing to pay more than the price Liverpool have already rejected.

Having read back a few pages it seems to me that for the delay may be for the following reasons:-

1) We have been shafted by UEFA on the FFP regulations before, seems prudent to await the so called anouncement regarding the relaxations; a meeting which is due to take place at the end of June. Once bitten twice shy.

2) Players still on holidays why pay any portion of his salary until we have to, even if it is only a couple of weeks (Saving 200Kmaybe)

3) Can't register the player until 1st July so not eligible to take part in competitive match.

4) Contract negotiations may be well advanced but can be tricky, do it properly and pick the right moment to announce the new signing getting maximum publicity.

5) The management of our club will know whether Chelsea's interest is a real one or simply press speculationand I have no doubt they would act accordingly.

As long as he is available for the pre season that is all that counts IMO. People need to chill :-)

Hi Rammyblues.....good comments mate! I think it could be:

4) "Contract negotiations may be well advanced but can be tricky, do it properly and pick the right moment to announce the new signing getting maximum publicity"

I don't think its any surprise that our reported 3rd (and possible final) bid could be going in 24-48hours after Liverpool signed Firmino....In my opinion, I think City held off making this bid in the hopes that once Firmino was signed and Liverpool already had a replacement for Sterling, that they might accept an offer, just below their 50mil valuation....I guess we should find out soon......thanks for the comments

But not willing to pay more than the price Liverpool have already rejected.

I'm even more relieved now!? I wonder how many hits the article would have got if it had stated "Liverpool totally not braced whatsoever for Chelsea's bid that is lower than the one they already rejected from City (P.S. They're not really bidding)".

Tolmie, in your unlicensed professional opinion when do you think this will be done.

When we pay £50m!

This is a big deal for Liverpool. Perception is everything to a club who even compete with United for bullshit narrative and revisionism.

This deal represents the acceptance of their standing in the grander scheme of things, the fork in the road, the sobering reality of a club who forgot that history only keeps you warm at night for so long.

They will hold out for the full asking IMO, simply because they need to prolong the delusions of grandeur for a couple more years yet.

Let's say the imminent bid is £45m + £5m in add-ons for arguments sake. The problem with this is because our last bid was widely touted as our 'final offer' we do two things, a) look weak because we've lodged another bid b) fail to meet the £50m upfront that Liverpool have been valuing Sterling at since day one. In this scenario, what's to stop Liverpool saying no to our 3rd offer, confident in the knowledge that we'll come back and eventually pay £50m?

Essentially what I'm saying is that if we are going to launch a third bid, and it's not going to be £50m, then if Liverpool turn it down we really should walk away, because otherwise we will have been played for fools in the negotiation process.

When we pay £50m!

This is a big deal for Liverpool. Perception is everything to a club who even compete with United for bullshit narrative and revisionism.

This deal represents the acceptance of their standing in the grander scheme of things, the fork in the road, the sobering reality of a club who forgot that history only keeps you warm at night for so long.

They will hold out for the full asking IMO, simply because they need to prolong the delusions of grandeur for a couple more years yet.

Reckon it will be 50m straight up or 45m and add ons?

Clinging on is a bit pathetic of them but understandable.

cheers for the info TH

wonder would it make a difference if the player put in a transfer request and why he wont...he has already been made to look the bad guy in all this so what has he got to lose...surely we could financailly compensate him for any lossses regarding loyalty bonuses?

Let's say the imminent bid is £45m + £5m in add-ons for arguments sake. The problem with this is because our last bid was widely touted as our 'final offer' we do two things, a) look weak because we've lodged another bid b) fail to meet the £50m upfront that Liverpool have been valuing Sterling at since day one. In this scenario, what's to stop Liverpool saying no to our 3rd offer, confident in the knowledge that we'll come back and eventually pay £50m?

Essentially what I'm saying is that if we are going to launch a third bid, and it's not going to be £50m, then if Liverpool turn it down we really should walk away, because otherwise we will have been played for fools in the negotiation process.

I think it doesn't matter at all because nobody has any idea what the negotiating process has been, & is going to spin it as us being taken for fools whatever we pay, in pretty much every deal we do.

When we pay £50m!

Pay it! when sterling sits down with Pelegrini in the press conference and one the reporter asks is he worth 50m, Pelegrini can take them back to when he himself said Sterling is a 100m player and Liverpool got mugged of or in nicer terms we got him cheap or City would of gone up to 60m... now that would put Liverpool in there place

has anyone officially said it was the final offer? the only person ive seen say it ,is that james fucking cooper when he was at the etihad,i dont recall and im sorry if someone can say different anyone from where it matters actually saying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.