Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is also the fact that the liverpool trasfer team are really busy recruiting at the moment so there maybe a hold up there.....earlier this week Ayre was in South America finishing off the deal for firminio and it looks as tho they are in for clyne from southampton now as well.....maybe they are just waiting for their deals coming in to be finshed off before letting go?

As shown by bidding for Sterling twice before anyone else even once..
There are strong rumors that Chelsea have told Liverpool they won't go over 40 million for any reason. Now that's not an official bid, but they don't all have to be official. Anyway, my suspicion is that all the leaks are coming from Liverpool, and it's quite possible they're inventing some of them to feed to the press in an effort to create a market for a player who is also strongly to rumored to have already come to terms with one Manchester City Football Club.

Now Liverpool have signed both Firminho and Clyne it looks like the Sterling deal will pick up pace. Their right hand side is covered now and both of their fee's add up nicely to roughly £40m+ add ons....

I reckon this deal will go through as soon as Clyne is back from his jollies and his medical is complete!

If this goes tits up would Barca's Pedro be an acceptable plan B?
I like the player, but no. Firstly it's not addressing the home grown quota that we need to fill. Secondly, the type of money we'd have to spend to get him could be spent on better players with more potential IMO.

I can't see Barca letting any players go easily with this transfer ban as well.

As shown by bidding for Sterling twice before anyone else even once..
Whats your source to say we haven't bid elsewhere? My point re Sterling being if we just cave in and offer Pool the £50 mil, it weakens our position for negotiations elsewhere. At the end of the day, we are all speculating

If we pay £40m for Sterling other clubs can equally go "How much?!! They'll pay top dollar for our player then"

He's not worth even that but I don't care what he costs. He's a player the club want, he's a player the club will get imo and that will be when we offer £50m. Liverpool have set a price, there's no bidding war akin to Pogba etc. It's meet this price or no deal.

We're in no way in the better position. Sterling has 2 more years on his deal, a European Championship squad to get into. If nobody meets that price, he's not going to sulk and put that at risk.

We've bid £30m and £40m I doubt £50m is out of the question. The club want him, we know what it will take to get him, just do it. Sterling will be a City player next season but only after we pay £50m, I'm under no illusions that the club are willing to pay that. I'd rather they do it now than in the last few days of the window.
Sterling can leave on a Webster ruling next year. He is a declining asset and shows no signs of coming back into the Liverpool fold.

Would they give up (potentially) tens of millions for the sake of holding him to a contract that could see him walk in 12 months time?

I don't think thats proven one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.