Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You replied to someone else that "That rarely happens" with regards to clubs paying the fee selling clubs want.

Now you're bringing up the Webster ruling? One happens a fuck load more than the other.
Can he leave on a Webster Ruling in 12 months time?

If he chose to do that would Liverpool lose out on tens of millions?

It may not be an option Sterling would prefer or even consider. But I wouldnt like to be the executive explaining to FSG how they lost out on £30-40m because "it doesnt happen very often".

Can he leave on a Webster Ruling in 12 months time?

If he chose to do that would Liverpool lose out on tens of millions?

It may not be an option Sterling would prefer or even consider. But I wouldnt like to be the executive explaining to FSG how they lost out on £30-40m because "it doesnt happen very often".
Can clubs pay what other clubs want for their players?

Because I wouldn't dismiss such an occurrence or the possibility of £50m, when someone's already willing to pay £40m. Especially if it's a hell of a lot more common an outcome than a player buying his contract out.

I just don't see how you can instantly dismiss one outcome out of hand but cling to the possibility of a less likely outcome.

Paul I think you are being a bit harsh on Pedro. He's 27 and has played 51 games for arguably the best national team of all time. Throw in the fact he's played over 200 games for again arguably the best club side of all time and I think it's fair to say he doesn't deserve to be categorized with Delph.

In addition Sterling and Pogba would both struggle to get a start in the current Barca team.
We are splashing out on Sterling because we are desperate for a HG player that would start for us. Ever since Pedro broke on to the scene and had those 2 seasons under Pep he has been in decline. We are supposed to be looking at young hungry players yet you are suggesting a guy 8 years older than our current target as back up. Pedro is the sort of player Liverpool/Spurs should be looking at not us.

We are splashing out on Sterling because we are desperate for a HG player that would start for us. Ever since Pedro broke on to the scene and had those 2 seasons under Pep he has been in decline. We are supposed to be looking at young hungry players yet you are suggesting a guy 8 years older than our current target as back up. Pedro is the sort of player Liverpool/Spurs should be looking at not us.

Well if the Sterling deal falls through have you any suggested back up?

I too thought he would put in a transfer request but two bids have gone and two bids have been rejected and he hasn't done so. If he hasn't done it by now, it's very unlikely that he will, especially considering our next bid is on course for their valuation.

Is it do to with a pay off from Liverpool, not wanting to be too much of a bad guy, I don't know but if it hasn't happened by now it looks very unlikely. Again, I believe the player wants to come to us and the lack of an official transfer request to me would indicate we have communicated to his camp that we are willing to meet the valuation of Liverpool; because again, they are not refusing to sell.

Possibly. As others have said, we may have already reached agreement with Liverpool and were both playing the waiting game before any annuncements.

Can clubs pay what other clubs want for their players?

Because I wouldn't dismiss such an occurrence or the possibility of £50m, when someone's already willing to pay £40m. Especially if it's a hell of a lot more common an outcome than a player buying his contract out.

I just don't see how you can instantly dismiss one outcome out of hand but cling to the possibility of a less likely outcome.

I havent outright dismissed anything.

I've said on here that we may well end up paying the full asking price. But it won't be because we havent tried to get him cheaper.

Soriano says that we have an upper limit on our transfers at which point we walk away.

Not knowing our upper limit for Sterling (it may well be less than £50m) I'm not going to flap because we havent rushed into paying the full price because its June and people are getting impatient.

Possibly. As others have said, we may have already reached agreement with Liverpool and were both playing the waiting game before any annuncements.
And I'm not adverse to that line of thinking but even if that was the case I still don't get why it couldn't happen now or have already happened.

We all know what the outcome of this "saga" will be, for me it's dragged on long enough for all parties to get what they want from it. I've already admitted I'm impatient with regards to this deal because I really want Sterling at the club but even then I think it's come to a point that why can't it happen now?

I havent outright dismissed anything.

I've said on here that we may well end up paying the full asking price. But it won't be because we havent tried to get him cheaper.

Soriano says that we have an upper limit on our transfers at which point we walk away.

Not knowing our upper limit for Sterling (it may well be less than £50m) I'm not going to flap because we havent rushed into paying the full price because its June and people are getting impatient.
And I'm not flapping over the deal.

I've consistently maintained I believe it will happen, I have also previously admitted to being rather impatient over this specific deal. However, I don't see it as impatience or flapping when questioning why this deal could not, at the very least, have some serious progression at this stage to the extent of an agreed fee. At this point, the only negative occurrence would be dragging this out and Sterling not getting a full pre season with a new club under his belt because from my view as it stands everybody invloved has gotten and can get all they want from the deal as of now. Hardly terrible of me to say.

Liverpool can get the money they want, we can get the player we want; done. As I initially said, just do it because we all know, it's gonna happen I'd just rather it didn't happen after we've started our pre season at the least.

And I'm not flapping over the deal.

I've consistently maintained I believe it will happen, I have also previously admitted to being rather impatient over this specific deal. However, I don't see it as impatience or flapping when questioning why this deal could not, at the very least, have some serious progression at this stage to the extent of an agreed fee. At this point, the only negative occurrence would be dragging this out and Sterling not getting a full pre season with a new club under his belt because from my view as it stands everybody invloved has gotten and can get all they want from the deal as of now. Hardly terrible of me to say.
I can imagine people getting impatient if a player isnt in by pre season.

For me, not so important. We're buying him for 5-10 years, not a few months.

But impatience that a fee isnt agreed in late June is flapping imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.