Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just signed a new deal at Barca
He has signed a deal but apparently Barca would let him go for 18 million pounds. He knows his playing time is going to be limited. He has given good service but at 27 he should be peaking. No use being on the bench.

He has a strike rate of 1 in 4 for both Spain and Barca so is quite prolific.

There are strong rumors that Chelsea have told Liverpool they won't go over 40 million for any reason. Now that's not an official bid, but they don't all have to be official. Anyway, my suspicion is that all the leaks are coming from Liverpool, and it's quite possible they're inventing some of them to feed to the press in an effort to create a market for a player who is also strongly to rumored to have already come to terms with one Manchester City Football Club.
I believe Sterling and his camp want to join City and additionally, obviously, we want to sign him.

That will only happen if we bid £50m. I believe we will bid that, and I'd rather it sooner rather than later.

We want him, he wants us, we all know what it will take to happen... simple. We've bid £30m and £40m, I think there's enough to suggest we are willing to go to £50m. Liverpool don't have to sell, they're also not refusing to sell. They have a valuation on their player, who is contracted to them for 2 more years, and if no one meets that valuation he doesn't leave. It's not a case of "Oh £40m is not enough? How about £45m?" No, it's £50m or go home.

I'd rather the player get settled in a new club, environment, city all sorts. Have a full and proper pre season with his new team mates instead of us sitting by the phone on deadline day expecting Liverpool to shit themselves, because they won't. All when we know what it will take to get him.

Sterling can leave on a Webster ruling next year. He is a declining asset and shows no signs of coming back into the Liverpool fold.

Would they give up (potentially) tens of millions for the sake of holding him to a contract that could see him walk in 12 months time?

I don't think thats proven one way or the other.
You replied to someone else that "That rarely happens" with regards to clubs paying the fee selling clubs want.

Now you're bringing up the Webster ruling? One happens a fuck load more than the other.

He will be with us on the first day of training of that ive no doubt.

My opinion.

He has signed a deal but apparently Barca would let him go for 18 million pounds. He knows his playing time is going to be limited. He has given good service but at 27 he should be peaking. No use being on the bench.

He has a strike rate of 1 in 4 for both Spain and Barca so is quite prolific.
We want to aspire to beat the likes of Barca not sign players who are struggling to get in their team.

Can you imagine if we went from Pogba and Sterling to Delph and Pedro.

giphy.gif

I believe Sterling and his camp want to join City and additionally, obviously, we want to sign him.

That will only happen if we bid £50m. I believe we will bid that, and I'd rather it sooner rather than later.

We want him, he wants us, we all know what it will take to happen... simple. We've bid £30m and £40m, I think there's enough to suggest we are willing to go to £50m. Liverpool don't have to sell, they're also not refusing to sell. They have a valuation on their player, who is contracted to them for 2 more years, and if no one meets that valuation he doesn't leave. It's not a case of "Oh £40m is not enough? How about £45m?" No, it's £50m or go home.

I'd rather the player get settled in a new club, environment, city all sorts. Have a full and proper pre season with his new team mates instead of us sitting by the phone on deadline day expecting Liverpool to shit themselves, because they won't. All when we know what it will take to get him.

Sterling may himself buckle first and submit a transfer request. This would show how much he wants us or show how unhappy he is at the thought of Brenda being his gaffa for another season.

We want to aspire to beat the likes of Barca not sign players who are struggling to get in their team.

Can you imagine if we went from Pogba and Sterling to Delph and Pedro.
Paul I think you are being a bit harsh on Pedro. He's 27 and has played 51 games for arguably the best national team of all time. Throw in the fact he's played over 200 games for again arguably the best club side of all time and I think it's fair to say he doesn't deserve to be categorized with Delph.

In addition Sterling and Pogba would both struggle to get a start in the current Barca team.

Sterling may himself buckle first and submit a transfer request. This would show how much he wants us or show how unhappy he is at the thought of Brenda being his gaffa for another season.
I too thought he would put in a transfer request but two bids have gone and two bids have been rejected and he hasn't done so. If he hasn't done it by now, it's very unlikely that he will, especially considering our next bid is on course for their valuation.

Is it do to with a pay off from Liverpool, not wanting to be too much of a bad guy, I don't know but if it hasn't happened by now it looks very unlikely. Again, I believe the player wants to come to us and the lack of an official transfer request to me would indicate we have communicated to his camp that we are willing to meet the valuation of Liverpool; because again, they are not refusing to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.