Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine people getting impatient if a player isnt in by pre season.

For me, not so important. We're buying him for 5-10 years, not a few months.

But impatience that a fee isnt agreed in late June is flapping imo.

OK I can relax then if you guys ain't flapping

Amazing how complete hearsay becomes fact to some people.

City have bid this, City have bid that.

For all anyone knows, City may have bid 30 mil plus 10 mil add ons & said take it or leave it but Liverpool want 20% of any sell on clause or 40 mil plus add ons & City are trying to knock them down to 35 mil plus 2 mil add ons & 5% of a sell on fee ir Liverpool may have accepted City's last bid of 45 mil plus add ons but want their fans to see them signing players before signing the Sterling deal or they may have accepted 50 mil & be doing the same, or City may have offered 45 mil & Liverpool asked for a week to see if they can sign a replacement or fucking anything.

And nobody has any fucking idea.

But what won't have happened & hardly ever happens, is City starting the bidding at 50 mil. Because then Liverpool would ask for 60 and get it.

I'm flapping about flappers ;)

im not flapping (honest)

S2ZWJ26.gif

I can imagine people getting impatient if a player isnt in by pre season.

For me, not so important. We're buying him for 5-10 years, not a few months.

But impatience that a fee isnt agreed in late June is flapping imo.
But when there's a set valuation; £50m, and we've already bid £30m and £40m with everything to suggest we are willing to bid again and be on course for said valuation going by previous bids.... why drag it out? I'm not saying we're stupid to try and negotiate a better deal but when we bid 30 then 40 and the valuation is at 50, what's the next logical step in our bidding process?

I'm not saying "Oh we haven't agreed a fee yet, he's not coming, Txiki out!". I just think, while the transfer is a give in at some point, who is it benefiting at this stage? Again, I just think Liverpool, Sterling and ourselves have gotten all we can get out of this "saga" by now.

Liverpool have been made to look resolute in the face of a want-away player and a rival-ish club wanting their player, they get the best deal possible for them.

We are seen to pay more than we wanted to but really what we're happy to and get the player we want.

Sterling gets his move and what he wants.

Call it impatience but I just think the deal has run it's course, all has been achieved by all parties and I don't see the need for any more hold ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.