Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic, people. I distinctly remember SWP leaving our training camp with "a cold" a day or so before stumping up to sign for Chavski. Jesus Christ.

Your right mate, the reason he hasn't signed already and was at Melwood training today is because we are actually all done and dusted and thought we'd save on the washing of his kit for a couple of days.

I have zero experience with footballing contracts to be perfectly clear, but I do have administrative experience with contracts in general and how bureaucratic they can be. Nobody likes how complicated they are, and nobody (except lawyers) prefer them to be this complicated, but they're complicated. For every condition that requires approval the ball might be in their court, so to speak, and there's sometimes very little you can do except wait to hear whether that particular itemized term or revision is acceptable. When you do hear back, I promise it's not one of those cases where administrators, lawyers, etc. kick their feet up and just wait a week to respond. I have a feeling that everyone is working as fast as they can to get things done, and this is just how fast it works.

The bigger the contract the longer it will take, and despite any impatience among us, the fine print our lawyers are adding is only there to protect the club. If we wanted to hand him 100% of his image rights, a guaranteed place in the first team, unlimited flights back to France for he an his family whenever he wanted, as many appearances on the club's social media schedule that he would like (or like to decline), permission to say whatever he would like in contrast to the club's PR policies, and a blank area on the contract where he'd like to write in his own salary, I'm sure we could've had the whole thing tied up weeks ago.

It's just tricky. Nobody wants to live in Gilliam's Brazil, but there's a lot of receipts for your receipts out there these days, and it's just the nature of the beast.

I don't pretend to know anything mate.

The fact is if everything is agreed and we have decided not to announce it so he is ready for the start of pre season then wtf is all that about? Since when has announcing a player been more important than getting him in at the earliest opportunity.

Alternatively if as is seemingly plausible by TH's bullishness we have agreed terms with the player then the only other thing to do is agree with the team. So why haven't we been able to do that? Surely the negotiating personnel (whoever they are) need to be questioned.

The 3rd option of course is we are waiting for Liverpool to sign a replacement. As Firminho is the direct replacement why would we wait for them to sign him, Clyne and Benteke before we announce him knowing that it is likely that Sterling would miss the start of pre season if we had to wait for them to close 3 large transfers.
You talking about transfers is like my 9 year old girl talking about space travel.

"The negotiating personnel need to be questioned" PMSL. You utter clown.

I have zero experience with footballing contracts to be perfectly clear, but I do have administrative experience with contracts in general and how bureaucratic they can be. Nobody likes how complicated they are, and nobody (except lawyers) prefer them to be this complicated, but they're complicated. For every condition that requires approval the ball might be in their court, so to speak, and there's sometimes very little you can do except wait to hear whether that particular itemized term or revision is acceptable. When you do hear back, I promise it's not one of those cases where administrators, lawyers, etc. kick their feet up and just wait a week to respond. I have a feeling that everyone is working as fast as they can to get things done, and this is just how fast it works.

The bigger the contract the longer it will take, and despite any impatience among us, the fine print our lawyers are adding is only there to protect the club. If we wanted to hand him 100% of his image rights, a guaranteed place in the first team, unlimited flights back to France for he an his family whenever he wanted, as many appearances on the club's social media schedule that he would like (or like to decline), permission to say whatever he would like in contrast to the club's PR policies, and a blank area on the contract where he'd like to write in his own salary, I'm sure we could've had the whole thing tied up weeks ago.

It's just tricky. Nobody wants to live in Gilliam's Brazil, but there's a lot of receipts for your receipts out there these days, and it's just the nature of the beast.

For the record I thought I was in the Pogba thread. Please exchange "France" for Swindon, or wherever Raheem has his family posted in lavish surroundings. The rest should translate.

I don't pretend to know anything mate.

The fact is if everything is agreed and we have decided not to announce it so he is ready for the start of pre season then wtf is all that about? Since when has announcing a player been more important than getting him in at the earliest opportunity.

Alternatively if as is seemingly plausible by TH's bullishness we have agreed terms with the player then the only other thing to do is agree with the team. So why haven't we been able to do that? Surely the negotiating personnel (whoever they are) need to be questioned.

The 3rd option of course is we are waiting for Liverpool to sign a replacement. As Firminho is the direct replacement why would we wait for them to sign him, Clyne and Benteke before we announce him knowing that it is likely that Sterling would miss the start of pre season if we had to wait for them to close 3 large transfers.

We don't know.

So your post 'questioning the wisdom' of it, has no relevance, because we have no idea what it is that we would be questioning the wisdom of.

What if it's as simple as Liverpool asking for it to be finalised on a particular date, for instance ? Or if they argeed to sell him only when their transfer business is finished ? Or if City have bid as high as they will go & Liverpool have agreed it, but only if they get in the players they seek ?

Or as I say, a 1000 other reasons we might not know of.

Thanks for the reply mate and that's a fair point. As soon as lawyers get involved they are renowned for making things complicated and dragged out. Those mercs and suits don't pay for themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.