Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play mate, we're all guessing at this point. My guess would be we'll see movement tomorrow afternoon. The morning will see all the Professional Scousers rolled out on SSN and TalkSport, saying how badly advised he is, that Liverpool will be well shut of him, that they have class and City have got too much money.

Then mid afternoon I'd expect the SSN yellow ticker to go yellow with news Liverpool have accepted a record fee for a British player. Just my opinion of course.

Definitely right about the narrative. Liverpool played it 'smart' - did the right thing (and they'll even pretend they've done the right thing by Sterling). City will have overpaid for a brat. They'll drag up all the same ex-Liverpool cohorts to talk all about Sterling's weaknesses as exemplified by last season too.
I don't know why they bother broadcasting it, the script's well known to us all.

I think we're reaching the end game. I'm not definite, but don't Liverpool fly out to Aus over the weekend? Sterling is saying he's not going. They can't fly out there with this hanging over their head. If it is this weekend they fly out, I'd expect big news tomorrow.

hopefully your right

Definitely right about the narrative. Liverpool played it 'smart' - did the right thing (and they'll even pretend they've done the right thing by Sterling). City will have overpaid for a brat. They'll drag up all the same ex Liverpool cohorts to talk all about the Sterling's weaknesses as exemplified by last season too.
I don't know why they bother broadcasting it, the script's well known to us all.
Because all those with only one brain cell take comfort in the familiar

Fair play mate, we're all guessing at this point. My guess would be we'll see movement tomorrow afternoon. The morning will see all the Professional Scousers rolled out on SSN and TalkSport, saying how badly advised he is, that Liverpool will be well shut of him, that they have class and City have got too much money.

Then mid afternoon I'd expect the SSN yellow ticker to go yellow with news Liverpool have accepted a record fee for a British player. Just my opinion of course.

Definitely right about the narrative. Liverpool played it 'smart' - did the right thing (and they'll even pretend they've done the right thing by Sterling). City will have overpaid for a brat. They'll drag up all the same ex-Liverpool cohorts to talk all about Sterling's weaknesses as exemplified by last season too.

Indeed it is. It's all as predictable as the next pope being a catholic.

The sensible thing would be if we had already agreed between ourselves that they will accept the offer. Liverpool have never been sensible and if they do turn it down I feel sorry for Sterling but I hope we walk away. Leave them with a player who won't play and who walks on a free in two years or uses the Webster in a year.

The sensible thing would be if we had already agreed between ourselves that they will accept the offer. Liverpool have never been sensible and if they do turn it down I feel sorry for Sterling but I hope we walk away. Leave them with a player who won't play and who walks on a free in two years or uses the Webster in a year.
But we need a player like Sterling to kick on next season. We've been crying out for a world class winger since the take over, failing to secure both Hazard and Sanchez. I don't want to get mugged off either but if it's a choice between getting Sterling and winning the league next season or getting one over on the dippers, I'd rather just get Sterling.

That's Gough and Durham combined.

To be fair to Durham, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's not stupid, he's an intelligent chap, he just loves winding people up, like one or two on here who shall remain nameless :-)

Wonder what the Sky Sports poll will be tomorrow? Who's the biggest mecenary in football history?
A. Raheem Sterling
B. Samir Nasri
C. Don Revie
D. Asamoah Gyan
E. Emanuel Adebayor
F. Gael Clichy
G. Bacary Sagna
H. Kolo Toure
I. Every Manchester City player post-2008.

In a new twist Ringo Starr has accused Sterling of shooting John Lennon in New York in 1980.
"It was probably him but even if it wasn't we have won the European Cup 5 times.....like"

article-3154718-2A602F7E00000578-206_636x416.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.