Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re talking two players with no PL experience and mostly CF experience (H&A), one with minimal first team experience (P) and one or F and G (probably G likely to move more to the middle next season). Lose Sterling and Jesus who are extremely important to the team (regardless of what you hear here), you need a more direct and specific player that you don’t have in those options. Is it Leão, Felix, someone else? I don’t know. But someone will come
Exactly.

We need a winger.

Think people will realise how good he actually was for us when hes left.
I can't sing Raheem's praises enough. He frightens the shit out of defenders. Sometimes he doesn't know himself what he is going to do so defenders have fuck all chance. We would like to see ALL our forwards finish off more of the chances we get, and I doubt if Raz misses more than most. I think I know how good he is now - have another look, guys at the first goal on Sunday! Beat one of the best left-footed full backs in the league and puts it on a pin head.

Foden isn't snail-paced. Nor is Kev. He can out-run a midfield defence with the ball at his feet. It's blistering pace we are short of.
Okay, but assuming we have enough for when we break , usually from an opposition corner or set piece, then we have enough with Foden KDB Haaland (Alvarez, I don’t know) that are quick with control, more importantly.
90% of the time we play against deep packed defences, so what blistering pace from another attacker do we need and when?

Foden isn't snail-paced. Nor is Kev. He can out-run a midfield defence with the ball at his feet. It's blistering pace we are short of.

Haaland has been clocked as the third fastest forward in Europe behind just Traore and Mbappe. He's clocked at 36 km/h which is faster than Sterling. In 2020 he ran so fast against PSG he would have been close to breaking the 60 metre world record. If that isn't blistering pace I don't know what is.

You’re talking two players with no PL experience and mostly CF experience (H&A), one with minimal first team experience (P) and one or F and G (probably G likely to move more to the middle next season). Lose Sterling and Jesus who are extremely important to the team (regardless of what you hear here), you need a more direct and specific player that you don’t have in those options. Is it Leão, Felix, someone else? I don’t know. But someone will come
I'm not convinced that both will leave. If so, we shall see. I certainly wouldn't object to another wide player if they leave but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't bring one in.

Palmer is only lacking experience,his technical ability and interplay is on another level.I'm confident he will quickly make a place his own when he finally gets the opportunity.
Pep loves him and some think he could have a higher ceiling than Phil. Time will tell, but sounds like he will be very much involved next year.

Hence,partly,why i can see there being any truth in it.

But maybe.....at 28,he doesnt want to spend 12 months being a bit player.
He won't be a bit part player. He'll thrive playing alongside a striker just like he did between 2017-20 and I wouldn't be surprised if it convinces him to sign a new deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.