Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does not wish to sign before next season we should sell him this summer. He's been a good servant, but I am sure we can find a replacement from our younger players.
If we are losing Gabby then we should stick with Raz even with him only having one more year left. I don't think we would sign a replacement this summer given that we have both Erling Haaland and Julian Alavarez arriving.

And if he wants to stay and see our his contract?
Then the club should throw him out of the door head first.

Can't let it become the norm for players to run down contracts and fuck the club over, like a certain Paul pogba. Players cost money to bring in and while they still have resale value they should leave for a fee.

Books have to be balanced.

Pep has previous for freezing out those who refuse new contracts etc but someone like Sterling I could see just playing regardless as he wants to win and if Sterling is still motivated and training well then it is what it is.

I can't say with certainty but honestly, I don't think Pep would care too much as long as Sterling were professional should he run his deal down (why wouldn't he be?). He might prioritise others over him due to long-term stuff but I don't think he'd cut his nose off to spite his face and ostracise him.

It can be amicable. A fair transfer price and Raz get's a chance of playing for another top club/team 'abroad'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.