Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally, people think that Raheem is better on the right. That position can be occupied by Mahrez, Alvarez, Palmer, KDB or Bernardo. If it is the left, then it can be occupied by Foden, Grealish, Edozie or Borges. We do not know if the academy players are ready, though I think that Cole has done more than enough to suggest so. Now, I am a supporter of Raz, but I am more excited by the prospect of Sam Edozie or Carlos Borges being introduced in to cup games, and by the prospect of playing with the best young striker in the game up front, being fed by the balls into the box that Foden, Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer can supply. I would like him to stay, but I don't know what his thoughts are, what his family situation is, or what his ambitions are.

Generally speaking, each one of your posts is critical of players or desperately urges the club to sort out a problem. I would be interested to know why you feel that way. Have the club, players and management not met the urgency of your expectations? Are you concerned that we are to static in the market?
I wouldn't mind using the academy more if Raz or Jesus leaves. As you said, even if both leave, technically we still have 2 options for each wing, which is totally fine to then add more academy players as backup. Equally I'd take Gnabry though because he is a great talent.

Either way though I think a decision needs to be made with Raz, to me its "Sign an extension or find a club". Leaving on a free will not do.

No player ever deserves to leave on a free due to what they did for the club, equally flipped I can say the club helped them win all these trophies.

It's also a world cup year, if he tries to stay out this final year, the board can just as easily not play him and hamper his chances at the world cup.

I wouldn't mind using the academy more if Raz or Jesus leaves. As you said, even if both leave, technically we still have 2 options for each wing, which is totally fine to then add more academy players as backup. Equally I'd take Gnabry though because he is a great talent.

Either way though I think a decision needs to be made with Raz, to me its "Sign an extension or find a club". Leaving on a free will not do.

No player ever deserves to leave on a free due to what they did for the club, equally flipped I can say the club helped them win all these trophies.

It's also a world cup year, if he tries to stay out this final year, the board can just as easily not play him and hamper his chances at the world cup.
It isn't about what he deserves - it is his right, whether we like it or not. He definitely does deserve our respect though as he has been a great player for us and a role model too.

We need a high-quality replacement, not players from the academy who are not ready at all.
They will never be ready if not given chance. Sterling too was given chance when he was kf that age, we will at some point give someone chance so that he someone becomes ready

Definitely, he has a right to see out his contract, but also the club has the right to then not play him much.
They would have, but as long as his attitude is right I don’t think it’s one they would take up.
In fact I’d expect he’d play and the club would hope for a change of mind and him signing again for us.

They would have, but as long as his attitude is right I don’t think it’s one they would take up.
In fact I’d expect he’d play and the club would hope for a change of mind and him signing again for us.
Maybe, I'd bet Pep give more minutes to the players who are staying for longer.

If he does not wish to sign before next season we should sell him this summer. He's been a good servant, but I am sure we can find a replacement from our younger players.

Good servant and won titles/cups and money well spent, so sterling earned the right to choose if he wants to stay and sign a new deal or go with our blessing

are the club pushing him out the door ? I don't think so
but I think pep can not guarantee any player a first team place and this is the issue with sterling with him wanting to play every week, You want hungry players fighting for places in training and not players living on their name demanding a start

if you take a look at the forwards, pep and city have on the books for next season, it's scary ?
You will have to be ripping up trees in training and on match days, or somebody else is in

I doubt he will sign a new deal but I wouldn't be totally against Raz running down his contract providing his performances doesn't drop during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.