Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the club should throw him out of the door head first.

Can't let it become the norm for players to run down contracts and fuck the club over, like a certain Paul pogba. Players cost money to bring in and while they still have resale value they should leave for a fee.

Books have to be balanced.
Ridiculous

I don’t see any reliable links which indicate Sterling leaving for another club this summer. I also have not heard any news of Sterling close to signing a new contract with City.

The conclusion I have from this is Sterling is not pushing for a move either because he thinks the shorter timeframe he has left on his contract puts him in a better negotiating position or he intends to leave on a free next year so he gets a bigger signing on bonus.

Then the club should throw him out of the door head first.

Can't let it become the norm for players to run down contracts and fuck the club over, like a certain Paul pogba. Players cost money to bring in and while they still have resale value they should leave for a fee.

Books have to be balanced.

If we ran a transfer agency rather than a football club perhaps.

Pep has previous for freezing out those who refuse new contracts etc but someone like Sterling I could see just playing regardless as he wants to win and if Sterling is still motivated and training well then it is what it is.

Does he have previous? Sane wasn't frozen out even when it was evident he wanted to move. Eric Garcia played lots when it was all pretty much sealed.

He will either leave on a free is sign a new contract! Don’t get why anybody thinks any differently.

I currently think differently. Think he will leave on a free and contribute a lot next season.

Pep has previous for freezing out those who refuse new contracts etc but someone like Sterling I could see just playing regardless as he wants to win and if Sterling is still motivated and training well then it is what it is.
No, he doesn't.

Does he have previous? Sane wasn't frozen out even when it was evident he wanted to move. Eric Garcia played lots when it was all pretty much sealed.
He did it with Sancho for example. Sancho wouldn't sign a contract so was frozen out of the squad and sold.

Sane wasn't in the final year of his contract?

Garcia I will never understand but by all accounts Pep felt like we had no other option so had to play him.

With Sterling we have several others who can play so Pep could definitely just bench him.

Some players - have previous for running down contracts… it often puts them in a really strong bargaining position re salary but also brings more clubs to the table given the reduced fee or lack of fee. Raz ran his contract down at Liverpool so it can come as no surprise that after signing an extension he’s chosen to run it down here. I think this summer Raz has limited options so I suspect he will hold on for another year - Pep might back off him a bit but he will still get playing time and his previous performances for England and his relationship with Southgate mean there will be no threats to his World Cup standing.

He did it with Sancho for example. Sancho wouldn't sign a contract so was frozen out of the squad and sold.

Garcia I will never understand but by all accounts Pep felt like we had no other option so had to play him.

With Sterling we have several others who can play so Pep could definitely just bench him.
How was Sancho frozen out? He wasn't even part of the first team. The club told him to be more patient and he wouldn't take it.

Sane was injured.

Garcia kept playing despite at that time it was pretty certain he was leaving for Barcelona.

How is that comparable

Sancho was a 17 year old who hadn't made his debut yet and was only costing us maybe a grand a week

Sterling is a 27 year old in his prime years who has 300+ appearances, 200+ G/A and costs us £300k p/w

No way he gets frozen out as that's just stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.