Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raheem Sterling wants to run down his contract upto next season and leave as a free agent next summer as he will have more options and greater signing bonus.

(The Mirror, Manchester Evening News)

Raheem Sterling wants to run down his contract upto next season and leave as a free agent next summer as he will have more options and greater signing bonus.

(The Mirror, Manchester Evening News)
Tbf, unsurprising...think more players now see the benefit of free transfers for themselves

Bigger wages, bigger signing on fee, more options

Not great for us obviously, but if we are being cynical....we don't really need the money, it's better for us just to reduce the wage bill

Because while it'll be annoying to lose him on a free....we make enough money through other sales

Think it balances itself out, there will be clubs interested in him this summer I'm sure as free transfers often end up nearly as expensive as normal ones (with all the extra fees that comes with free transfers)

But also if we were to renew his contract now we'd probably have to up his £300k a week wages (which imo he's not worth anyway) and give him a pretty big loyalty/signing on fee

A big no for letting him go for free. The prices of the top wingers are at least about 60-70m£. We should've been already in touch with Leao's and Gnabry's agents. We cannot spend money again and again without any profits from sellings. Sorry, IMO we have to sell him now if he doesn't want to renew and buy a winger NOW. It would be a huge problem soon for the club, so that's why I would extend the contract with Riyad as soon as possible. We have to replace Sterling in this transfer window and take the highest possible fee, but the problem is that I can't see any top club that would give us at least 45-50M£.
Has he fucked your wife or something ?

I understand letting him go for free because he's earned it for what he's done for us, but at the end of the day City is a business. Sterling is a full blown English international who was brilliant at the euros. To let him go for free when you could pocket 50 to 60 mil would be a bit weird. He's also only in his 20s still.

I understand letting him go for free because he's earned it for what he's done for us, but at the end of the day City is a business. Sterling is a full blown English international who was brilliant at the euros. To let him go for free when you could pocket 50 to 60 mil would be a bit weird. He's also only in his 20s still.
Ultimately that decision is Sterling's. Not much the club can do if he wants to see out his contract and leave on a free.

How was Sancho frozen out? He wasn't even part of the first team. The club told him to be more patient and he wouldn't take it.

Sane was injured.

Garcia kept playing despite at that time it was pretty certain he was leaving for Barcelona.

And obviously shite

And obviously shite
If you think Garcia was 'obviously shite' you need to visit Specsavers.

He was worse than that and even in Spain where the pace isn't as demanding or the game as physical, week in week out, he has been sub standard. Whilst I am sure he is a lovely guy etc he just wasn't good enough for us nor he is good enough to play in an albeit poor Barcelona team.

If you think Garcia was 'obviously shite' you need to visit Specsavers.

He was worse than that
and even in Spain where the pace isn't as demanding or the game as physical, week in week out, he has been sub standard. Whilst I am sure he is a lovely guy etc he just wasn't good enough for us nor he is good enough to play in an albeit poor Barcelona team.
Lulz!, See what you did there and i liked it :)

The free signing has took a long time to come in and we are going to see it more with players like Sterling being the norm. We might gain some we might lose some.

Jesus is probably the exception as a club will pay an acceptable fee + match/ increase his salary.

Mahrez, Gundogan and Sterling could all be freed next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.