Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope, as a club, we never behave that way. He's been a good servant and always puts in 100% to treat him with such disrespect would be classless.

As an aside i hope he extends. Even if he waits 12 months.
Is it not disrespectful to leave a club on a free transfer so you can pocket a massive signing on fee and improved wages after the club who massively improved you as a player and gave you a platform to win trophies spent 50 million to bring you In?

Is it not disrespectful to leave a club on a free transfer so you can pocket a massive signing on fee and improved wages after the club who massively improved you as a player and gave you a platform to win trophies spent 50 million to bring you In?
No we bought him to provide a service. He has.

We were happy enough to give him the contract and he will honour it.

No we bought him to provide a service. He has.
He's a financial asset like all players.

I can't get my head around how many people think signing a player for 50million, paying said player 300k a week for 5 years and letting them leave for free is a good thing.

If your happy to see players leaving for free don't complain when it hampers us signing other players as the books haven't been balanced.

not in the slightest. it's a contract that both sides agreed to. he has more than fulfilled his part (as have the club).

i'm sure we will make him an offer with terms that suit us, and if the terms suit him too, he'll sign. of course we might not make an offer or he might not want to sign.

He's a financial asset like all players.

I can't get my head around how many people think signing a player for 50million, paying said player 300k a week for 5 years and letting them leave for free is a good thing.

If your happy to see players leaving for free don't complain when it hampers us signing other players as the books haven't been balanced.
He an financial asset to the club, but you can't just force a player to take a move to recoup the outlay to buy him.

He has filled his side of the contract day one to final day. He has no need to ensure the fee is recouped for the club. If they can come to an agreement on a move that they agree on fine, but neither has an obligation to force a deal the other doesnt want.

So do you not think him being a young English international footballer with a huge sell on value came into that decision?
Doesn't matter. We gave him the contract and knew full well how it might end. He could have spent the rest of his career with us, been sold or allowed to run down his contract.
If we would have said, "If after 5 years you have to sign an extension or be sold t the club of our choice",
he wouldn't have signed.
I personally hope that he either signs a new contract or leaves for a good sum this summer.
I doubt that he will move for a good sum and we will decide that it's better for us if he stays rather than get some meaningless amount of money from someone like Barca.
Like we did with Milner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.