Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He an financial asset to the club, but you can't just force a player to take a move to recoup the outlay to buy him.

He has filled his side of the contract day one to final day. He has no need to ensure the fee is recouped for the club. If they can come to an agreement on a move that they agree on fine, but neither has an obligation to force a deal the other doesnt want.
I’m not sure why people can’t understand that.

Doesn't matter. We gave him the contract and knew full well how it might end. He could have spent the rest of his career with us, been sold or allowed to run down his contract.
If we would have said, "If after 5 years you have to sign an extension or be sold t the club of our choice",
he wouldn't have signed.
I personally hope that he either signs a new contract or leaves for a good sum this summer.
I doubt that he will move for a good sum and we will decide that it's better for us if he stays rather than get some meaningless amount of money from someone like Barca.
Like we did with Milner.
The sentiment around milner leaving on a free and sterling leaving on a free is night and day.

Milner was a ****

Sterling is a good servant.

He did it with Sancho for example. Sancho wouldn't sign a contract so was frozen out of the squad and sold.

Sane wasn't in the final year of his contract?

Garcia I will never understand but by all accounts Pep felt like we had no other option so had to play him.

With Sterling we have several others who can play so Pep could definitely just bench him.
Sancho wasnt frozen out, i believe he was not taken on the preseason tour because he wanted to leave.

Already paid for his transfer fee in trophies. If he wants to stay another season then leave that’s fine with me. If he leaves now then that’s also fine with me. I think he’d be a great signing for the barcodes. He’s a player I prefer out of the first 11 but often call for as a sub during certain games.

He did it with Sancho for example. Sancho wouldn't sign a contract so was frozen out of the squad and sold.

Sane wasn't in the final year of his contract?

Garcia I will never understand but by all accounts Pep felt like we had no other option so had to play him.

With Sterling we have several others who can play so Pep could definitely just bench him.
Sancho wasn’t sniffing first time minutes at that time. Thank god we dodged a bullet there. That kid just doesn’t impress me.

Already paid for his transfer fee in trophies. If he wants to stay another season then leave that’s fine with me. If he leaves now then that’s also fine with me. I think he’d be a great signing for the barcodes. He’s a player I prefer out of the first 11 but often call for as a sub during certain games.
the final game against villa being one of those certain games

He's a financial asset like all players.

I can't get my head around how many people think signing a player for 50million, paying said player 300k a week for 5 years and letting them leave for free is a good thing.

If your happy to see players leaving for free don't complain when it hampers us signing other players as the books haven't been balanced.
Dybala, Pogba, Kessie, Rudiger, Dembele, Kamara, Insighe, Sule etc. All going for a free transfer.....Mbappe was a last minute contract to run a club away from leaving as a free transfer

The greatest player of all time left for a free to PSG last summer and Lewandowski, the current best player in the world left on a free to Bayern

Alaba, Ramos, Pirlo, Zlatan, Ballack are a host of world class players who've left for free transfers

Players have wised up to the benefit of a free transfer and how it benefits them

It's not that we think its good business...as its not...its more we have no fucking way to stop them from running out their contracts

We give them a contract and they have to ensure they give their all while tied to that contract....once its expired its expired

Just like any other sport, don't know why footballers are often expected to act differently

Big free transfers I think are going to become the normal for the 'elite teams'

Dybala, Pogba, Kessie, Rudiger, Dembele, Kamara, Insighe, Sule etc. All going for a free transfer.....Mbappe was a last minute contract to run a club away from leaving as a free transfer

The greatest player of all time left for a free to PSG last summer and Lewandowski, the current best player in the world left on a free to Bayern

Alaba, Ramos, Pirlo, Zlatan, Ballack are a host of world class players who've left for free transfers

Players have wised up to the benefit of a free transfer and how it benefits them

It's not that we think its good business...as its not...its more we have no fucking way to stop them from running out their contracts

We give them a contract and they have to ensure they give their all while tied to that contract....once its expired its expired

Just like any other sport, don't know why footballers are often expected to act differently

Big free transfers I think are going to become the normal for the 'elite teams'
You missed Aguero and Silva, leaving for free is just someone's personal decision and it's 100% legit to do that, maybe sterling wants more money or more challenges but at the end of the day it's his decision. You can do nothing about that. He earned his reputation and during signing a contract there were no clause saying he can't leave for free. It's hurting me as well, but let's respect our players even if it's for his last year, like good fans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.