Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that nobody is going to pay £50m for him and give him £300k per week. That's around £125m over five years plus any bonuses etc. However they could give him £300k per week plus a 25m signing on fee and that's only £100m over five years. He becomes even wealthier and gets what he wants, we are left with nothing other than 5/6 years service.

the final game against villa being one of those certain games
Aye….although we could also start a list of the games he made errors in…but that would be daft. I’m non plussed about him. I like his positive attitude, he never seems to allow his performances to alter his ambition. Good luck to him.

one benefit we, and all clubs, have when a player runs down his contract is that they are effectively playing for a new contract in that final season, wherever that may be.

if a player extends or has a number of years left then his incentive to perform isn't as great.

He's a financial asset like all players.

I can't get my head around how many people think signing a player for 50million, paying said player 300k a week for 5 years and letting them leave for free is a good thing.

If your happy to see players leaving for free don't complain when it hampers us signing other players as the books haven't been balanced.
As long as the books are in good shape and we aren’t violating rules, then I could give a fuck about leaving for free.

I’m sure it’s just testing the water and will be increased but if BM are offering £25m for Mane who has a year left then we’re not looking at much more for Sterling if he goes this season.

Aye….although we could also start a list of the games he made errors in…but that would be daft. I’m non plussed about him. I like his positive attitude, he never seems to allow his performances to alter his ambition. Good luck to him.
i like the fact that you chose not to list them. thats a never ending road. given all players have good and bad games and even then it can be quite subjective :)

and if players didn't take risks in the final third then Vinnie wouldn't have score that goal. that lovely lovely goal.

The issue is that nobody is going to pay £50m for him and give him £300k per week. That's around £125m over five years plus any bonuses etc. However they could give him £300k per week plus a 25m signing on fee and that's only £100m over five years. He becomes even wealthier and gets what he wants, we are left with nothing other than 5/6 years service.
nothing to stop us paying the signing on fee and keeping him.

‘Nothing’? Have you watched football in the past 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.