Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the people saying sell him now if his plan is to run his contract down.

How do you sell a player whose plan is to run his contract down, he will surely just say I don't want to leave because I will leave on a free next season and gain a huge financial boost in the process.

Though he is entitled to do it, it doesn't sit well with me tbh but then again if he even reads a quarter of what is typed about him on here then I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for leaving this club.

Apart from a monetary gain, I can't understand why anybody would leave this club at this moment in time tbh well unless you're bored of winning things?
I’m pretty sure telling him you ain’t gunna play will get him out pretty quick specially in World Cup year.

The way I see it is that we don't really have a choice here. I can't see any clubs interested in taking on his huge wages and giving us a fee so likelihood is that he stays.
I am sure he is professional enough to continue to work, especially with it being a world cup season.

If he goes on a free then it is what it is, he has paid back his fee and then some.

I’m pretty sure telling him you ain’t gunna play will get him out pretty quick specially in World Cup year.
IDK, he doesn't need to be in the shop window playing regularly to catch Southgate's eye as he's clearly already first choice along the England front line but fair enough as a motivational tactic to threaten to bench him as he'd want to keep his game sharp for performance sake.

Not sure benching him for fulfilling the final year of his contract will paint us in a very good light re: future business.
Don’t care how it paints us to be honest, have you seen how spurs treat there players? They still have no issue getting players in. sterling staying and playing is blocking a pathway for players that want to be here. Now if he was to come out and say he’s gunna leave end of next season but fulfil contract then that’s sound we can work with that, but this not knowing is he going is he staying is no good for anyone.some clarity be nice

Don’t care how it paints us to be honest, have you seen how spurs treat there players? They still have no issue getting players in. sterling staying and playing is blocking a pathway for players that want to be here. Now if he was to come out and say he’s gunna leave end of next season but fulfil contract then that’s sound we can work with that, but this not knowing is he going is he staying is no good for anyone.some clarity be nice

Spurs? Don't make me laugh.

One of the reasons that players love being at City is because City treat the players like human beings and behave in an incredibly professional manner.

I also find it pretty sad how many people think they know what Sterling wants and what he's thinking. So easy to tar him with bullshit innuendo to suit some snide agenda.

Every thread about Sterling since he joined the club has always had a seriously toxic undercurrent from a small minority. Pathetic and tiresome bullshit.

Yes, what do Spurs win ? Squad harmony and being seen as a good team to join,play for and leave are very important.
I'm sure the club have all the clarity they need.

Looks like he's staying and that's great! Big chance he can find his form again with an actual striker beside him, which could lead to him extending. This also keeps our squad deep and competing.

He's done enough to earn a free move if he wants one next summer. Let's squeeze the last bit out of him by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.