Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately,all true.

While he managed a game changing contribution in our final match of the season,you can count on one hand the times he has taken a game by the scruff and led by example.

I also understand your criticism regards his demeanour.....he just doesnt wear his heart on his sleeve and,unlike Dinho,Komps,Zabba,Aguero,Kev,Bernie,Foden etc. he has never looked like he would bleed for the club,yet some are putting him in that bracket of 'club legend'.

He has provided great service,but he is also hugely over rated/hyped by our fans and he now needs to find his next chapter elsewhere.If he wishes to run down his contract.....thats fine,just as long as he isnt snide about it.
100% but i dont think we should let him. We arent doing it with jesus. Sterling is worth more based on his brand.

I put sterling after Haaland, Foden, Mahrez, alvarez, grealish and PALMER in my list for the top3 positions next year, so why not cash in?

Re legends and how they come across... look at Joe Hart. You could say its an English thing but i love walker and stones.

Personally I think I’d rather keep him for the season than let him go on the cheap. Running contracts down will become more the norm I think. We haven’t signed Foden yet have we? That’s the priority!

Sterling is holding us over a barrel as he only wants spain, they dont look like offering 40+ mill and hes not re-signing.

Whats craic with mahrez; im less concerned as i want him here next season.

Raheem is a quality player, score a bag full every season.

Comes across as a very shy lad, David Silva style.

If he came put and said City were his family and showed his kids in a City shirt more often, then folk would forgive him for the occassional misplaced shot or pass.

But he's shy and keeps himself to himself. Kinda the polar opposite of Jack.

Had he declared his dying love for City and the odd appreciation twitter, he'd be a fans favourite.

If he came put and said City were his family and showed his kids in a City shirt more often, then folk would forgive him for the occassional misplaced shot or pass.

Had he declared his dying love for City and the odd appreciation twitter, he'd be a fans favourite.
So why was David Silva afforded more leniency and given legend status?

100% but i dont think we should let him. We arent doing it with jesus. Sterling is worth more based on his brand.

I put sterling after Haaland, Foden, Mahrez, alvarez, grealish and PALMER in my list for the top3 positions next year, so why not cash in?

Re legends and how they come across... look at Joe Hart. You could say its an English thing but i love walker and stones.

The very mention of their names gets me as giddy as a school girl with a crush.

So you think hes a pillar of loyalty, and will be back at city once retired as with vinnie, kun, dinho, zabs and possibly silva?

And the endless list of other former players who aren't in that very select group? How do they come across?

I'm not that needy mate. If a player works his arse off for us and contributes on the pitch then they get my respect. That way I don't have to invent character issues to justify disrespect.

Sorry Pete, just don't see he'll ever be a "fans favourite".
I like him, but there are much better players at the club who get it more. I don't understand what has gone wrong with him since that 2019/20 season either, gone from 31 goals to 14 and 17?
A parting of the ways seems inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.