Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the automatic choices ?
Of the current players, I think Kevin, Rhodri and Eddie are the only ones guaranteed a start.
Plus diaz, walker, laporte and cancelo and maybe silva were this season in my opinion if they were fit they started. Sterling, Gabby, Mahrez grealish and foden where all rotated regularly.

Merlin ha , I bet they have played roughly the same amount of prem games and there is no way Silva has been more involved in goals and assists as Sterling , keeping the ball and ticking it over maybe passing is backwards and sidewards he will piss all over Sterling , twice the player no chance , anyways hope you are good mate up the blues
You're either a complete fucking moron or here on a windup.

You are right in saying Silva isn't twice the player Sterling is though. More like 10x the player.

And that's no disrespect to Raz.

Silva missed the sun nothing we can do about that the club did everything they could to get him a move at a reasonable fee but it didn't happen same with laporte (he lost his starting spot) our club doesn't force players to stay if they don't want to. Sterling will be offered a contract if he turns it down the club will try to get him a move to keep everyone happy but if he turn it down he will stay. In my opinion given the choice between players of similar ability I would choose to play the guy who will be playing that role next season.

A lot of words there, but not sure what your point is. You said something along the lines of "Pep will focus on players who want to be here". I was just pointing out why that doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny. Pep will choose the players who give him the best chance of winning any particular game. He isn't somebody who is going to "bench" a player as punishment for them choosing to fulfil the contract they were given by the club without agreeing to sign a new one.

Obviously this is all speculative as it may well be that by the team next season starts Raz has signed a new deal.

Mahrez was one of our best players last season in attack. Probably one of our best players overall. I don't see Mahrez missing out next season.

I do see him missing out next season as I suspect the way we play will change slightly. That's not a slight on Mahrez either, he is absolutely a top player and was one of our best not just last season but over the last two seasons. But those were seasons in which we didn't have a goal scoring 9, and relied very very heavily on the two wide players and the 8's to get goals. I think we'll see a shift to the wide players becoming 'providers' as much as scorers.

Obviously though when we talk about missing out these things are relative. Sterling made 47 appearances across the league and CL. That's not a bad number at all and certainly not one which suggests a player who is surplus to requirements.

A lot of words there, but not sure what your point is. You said something along the lines of "Pep will focus on players who want to be here". I was just pointing out why that doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny. Pep will choose the players who give him the best chance of winning any particular game. He isn't somebody who is going to "bench" a player as punishment for them choosing to fulfil the contract they were given by the club without agreeing to sign a new one.

Obviously this is all speculative as it may well be that by the team next season starts Raz has signed a new deal.
Of course Pep would expect any player going into the last year of his contract to give his very best, and play when required and maybe still sign an extension. After all that's the exact position he himself is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.