Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand all you Raheem haters. He has provided great service for City. I will not argue he has missed some sitters,poor one on one with the goalkeeper, and perhaps not the greatest dribbler. You can not however argue with 91 goals in 225 appearances in the position he plays.
My one concern is that some players who start their careers at a young age,18yo at Liverpool(forget QPR), peak earlier and drop off earlier.Yes there are notable exceptions, but not many.His form had dropped. Was he unhappy, did he peak early, who knows, time will tell ?
Either way, Raheem, not quite a legend, but a great player for the club.
Not a sterling hater myself but I've seen him miss sitters, trip up over the ball, trip up over his own feet even! And I've seen him do that countless times, literally too many times.

What I dont doubt is how hard he works and how integral he is to our success. How his intelligence allows and creates spaces, his pace is something I dont want us to lose too.

But if we could get someone with all of that but can also score the easy ones, the sitters, the 1-1s etc then it's an improvement.

Not a sterling hater myself but I've seen him miss sitters, trip up over the ball, trip up over his own feet even! And I've seen him do that countless times, literally too many times.

What I dont doubt is how hard he works and how integral he is to our success. How his intelligence allows and creates spaces, his pace is something I dont want us to lose too.

But if we could get someone with all of that but can also score the easy ones, the sitters, the 1-1s etc then it's an improvement.
Get it, frustrating as hell no doubt he can be, however, where do you find a winger with despite those flaws you mentioned, plays 225 games in 7 seasons and scored 91 goals??? With 30+ assist to boot….. Peps level of football has elevated what is not only presented to us but now overly criticises these imperfections, the reality is his numbers are elite level, despite the ‘imperfections’ which isn’t easily replaced, the mean average is about as much of a guarantee as you can get, and as a player for city he is marginalised far to much for my liking…

Be careful what we wish for!!

If Sterling wants to leave, let him. He's been banging on about moving and yet every season after his agent stirs the pot we get no offers. This season we might get one derisory offer from Chelsea, and we should take it. We have new players and young players that need space in front of them to develop into the first team. Sterling has been a good squad player for us and he goes with our thanks. I'm not in the least bit sad about his departure as I think he'll be replaced with a better player.

Anybody read that supposed latest bs by Melissa Reddy on the sky football website. Pure made up shit, just guessing what Sterling wants and how he feels about City. Raheem must've spilled all the beans to her in a heart to heart, lol

Anybody read that supposed latest bs by Melissa Reddy on the sky football website. Pure made up shit, just guessing what Sterling wants and how he feels about City. Raheem must've spilled all the beans to her in a heart to heart, lol
Trying to find an insider role after her hero (that Liverpool diving cheat) left.

That’s exactly how I see Raheem. Good post.

I genuinely don't get the hate. He can be frustrating but so can every player. We've always had players who fans like to dislike......Sterling is one, we've also had Kolarov and Dzeko who both took bucket loads of it. The one that always sticks in mind is Edgehill - that bloke to this day speaks well of City but a large section of our support gave him dog's abuse.
The abuse of Edgehill was appalling, was shameful.
He had balls like fucking spacehoppers to take that pen against Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.