Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noteworthy that Sterling and Jesus started more PL games than Gundo and Mahrez and almost as much as Foden and DeBruyne. Yet, they wanted more.

View attachment 48706

Gundogan was rumoured to be considered leaving late in the season because he wasn't getting enough minutes, Grealish still hadn't fully settled into the side by the end of the season and Foden and Kev were injured early in the season.

Gundogan was rumoured to be considered leaving late in the season because he wasn't getting enough minutes, Grealish still hadn't fully settled into the side by the end of the season and Foden and Kev were injured early in the season.

Gundo was getting games till he injured his back. Don't think there was anything else to it.

If my memory is good (it's failing me these days), there was some period of time where Jesus was injured. Isn't it?

Foden was out for the 1st 4 PL games of the season but soon overtook Sterling for minutes.

Sterling hardly started before the November international break - just 3 from 11 in the PL and 1 from 4 in the CL.
He didn't join the England party and had a full and deserved break,

After his return Sterling effectively became a 1st name on the team sheet again (except normal rotation) because his form was really good and he ended up with most PL minutes for the season from the attacking players albeit with less than previous seasons. (NB he finshed = with Foden for minutes) FWIW I think he would have been happy with his minutes after the slow start but not starting against Real Madrid or Villa must have been a real pisser for him.

This was the 5th season in the row that Sterling had top PL minutes from the attacking players. That is a legacy in itself - achieved playing for the most successful team domestically in English top flight history over a 5 year period and managed by probably the world's greatest and demanding coach.

Makes you wonder doesn't it how Pep has missed that Sterling has been shit for the last 2 or 3 years, can't kick a ball, has poor technique, is lazy, is powder puff, runs down blind alleys, is shit at 1 on 1s, has a bad attitude etc etc? :)

As for the transfer, I didn't think he'd go this summer but well done him for going now and securing a fee rather than running his contract down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.