Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a world where football is big business, this is good big business.

~£50M vs an unhappy bit part player in a World Cup season. No brainer.

The only bad part is he’s going to a competitor, but the world of REALLY big business is a small one.

Kudos to Raheem for keeping his head down, being ready to play when called, and for not forgetting how to cross a ball when playing right wing!

He will be welcomed back.
No foreign teams are paying over £50m for either player even Ake

We will see more movement between Ptem clubs in the future imo

English team have the money & players have more of a say

Thanks to all 3 but City will be just fine

Think we will be ok

Haaland, Foden, Mahrez, Palmer, Grealish, Alvarez, Kev, Berny, Delap, Kayky, McAtee

Assuming that the reports are accurate (nothing official from the club as of yet), I'm surprised he's decided to go there, given the abuse he suffered from a section (small, but there nonetheless) of their fans a year or so back. But hey; that's his choice. I wish him well. He played a significant part in the most successful period in our 14 year history.
I see what you did there...;)

Has been a fantastic player for us over the years, looks to have gone a little stale of late and most likely needs a new challenge. Good deal all around given he only had a year left on his deal and wish him all the best in the future.

As for the strength of the squad, i feel we are in great shape and there is plenty of time left in the window so lets see where it finishes.

In a world where football is big business, this is good big business.

~£50M vs an unhappy bit part player in a World Cup season. No brainer.

The only bad part is he’s going to a competitor, but the world of REALLY big business is a small one.

Kudos to Raheem for keeping his head down, being ready to play when called, and for not forgetting how to cross a ball when playing right wing!

He will be welcomed back.
Let's hope he doesn't talk shit to the media like Milner

he not even close to getting the legend status like the real legends of our clubs. don't even dare to compare sterling with vinny, silva or aguero.
Who's comparing? But he's another one.

4 PLs, integral to multiple record breaking seasons. 100+ goals and 50+ assists, 7 years of good service, model professional on and off the pitch. He's not warranting comparisons, he's warranting his own status. As I said, to me he is. But I haven't compared to him to any priors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.