Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted he’s leaving. People can say what they want obviously but I was always proud that he played for City. Hoping he does well apart from playing against City. Least he’s still playing in blue and not dirty red.

It's a shame. I always hoped he could go and rediscover his form and kick on over what are his peak years. There are clear deficiencies in his technical footballing ability, but his positioning and timing is generally excellent and gets him so many goals. We will be fine without him, and it remains a big question mark whether he does kick on. Maybe the change of scene will work for him, my head tells me the limits to his game would never be resolved if he stayed with us but his record is unarguable and he is generally always fit to play 3 games a week all season. Plenty of great memories of him, and a great contribution vs Villa is a fitting way to bow out at City.

To sell Torres Sterling Jesus and letting Aguero go and just bring in haaland and an unproven South American, strikes me that we could well be short. I think theres definitely room for an addition
Agüero
Ferrán
Jesus
Sterling
out

Haaland
Álvarez
Grealish
Palmer
in

His decision to move now instead of next season is a mark of the man. Frustrating player but on his day absolutely fantastic. He leaves us with nothing but total respect. If Chelsea get the sterling who won us matches on his own then lucky them.

I always got the feeling sterling thrives when he has something to prove. The move from Liverpool and the abuse he received motivated him to new levels. Over the last 2 seasons he looked far to comfortable. Winning tons of trophies will have that effect.

Now he is onto pastures new and I have no doubt he will excel once again. The club wanted him to stay but ultimately it was sterling’s decision. Thanks for representing the shirt with pride.

Exciting times ahead with the new signings. It will be an intriguing watch. Pep is still at the helm and for me personally that’s the only security blanket needed. Can’t wait now for the season to start. Fresh players and youth. Onwards we go.

This has been coming.
It's a moment to set aside the criticism and the accolades, the weighing and sifting, just take our hats off and thank him. He's been a major part of everything that's happened since 2015. And a lot has. I don't think I'm alone in having felt a peculiar protectiveness about him, since I don't think I've ever, in half a century of following football, seen a player take such an inexplicable cartload of shit up and down the country from supporters who had no dog in the fight either way.
I'd rather you'd gone abroad, Raheem, but you're your own man. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.