Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is right for both of us to part. Wants to start every game and that is not going to happen. Get the money while we can. A very good player but not a great player.

Will miss Raz, but I think this is a good deal for all parties.

I do hope we bring in another natural winger. Right now we have Mahrez and an unknown in Palmer -- Grealish, Foden, Bernardo, Alvarez and whoever else might play wide are all brilliant players but not natural wingers. We'll likely be fine either way but having options out wide would be helpful throughout the course of the season.

Reactions: CC1
Strange move from Sterling’s side imo. From City’s perspective it’s a no brainer. £55 mil fee and around £15m saved in wages. Too much of a risk to lose £70m if he was to walk away on a free next summer.

The weird thing from Sterling’s side is that he has literally fluttered his eyelashes at Madrid for a number of years now. He even did an interview with a fuckin Madrid shirt draped over his shoulder and said it’s his dream to play there one day.

This move literally kills that dream. Not a chance are Madrid taking a 31 year old Sterling at the end of his Chelsea contract. Why he hasn’t just ran his contract down I’ll never know.

Anyway, best of luck to him (apart from against us obv). I think it’s the right time for him to move on personally.

Is that an improvement? I'm not so sure
Alvarez not really seen enough of him to judge to be honest, and has never played in the prem so nobody knows how he will adapt, Grealish In my opinion hasn't given us enough this season, and as for Palmer I reckon he is a long way off being a regular for us if ever

Strange move from Sterling’s side imo. From City’s perspective it’s a no brainer. £55 mil fee and around £15m saved in wages. Too much of a risk to lose £70m if he was to walk away on a free next summer.

The weird thing from Sterling’s side is that he’s has literally fluttered his eyelashes at Madrid for a number of years now. He even did an interview with a fuckin Madrid shirt draped over his shoulder and said it’s his dream to play there one day.

This move literally kills that dream. Not a chance are Madrid taking a 31 year old Sterling at the end of his Chelsea contract. Why he hasn’t just ran his contract down I’ll never know.

Anyway, best of luck to him (apart from against us obv). I think it’s the right time for him to move on personally.
And even if we were to keep him for 1 more season, theres absolutely no knowing what kind of player we'd get. Such a hot and cold player.

Alvarez not really seen enough of him to judge to be honest, and has never played in the prem so nobody knows how he will adapt, Grealish In my opinion hasn't given us enough this season, and as for Palmer I reckon he is a long way off being a regular for us if ever
How did you handle Kompany, Silva, Aguero etc departing?
I assume you didn't stop supporting Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.