Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the entire team's best performance against Liverpool in decades, wasn't it? Great game.
It was, we ripped them apart but the point I am making is Raheem used to struggle when playing them, especially at Anfield, he seemed to let the crown get to him, which surprised me.

The major negative of Sterling was his attitude and performances against Liverpool.

The shit that club gave him during negotiations with us and his career with us was a disgrace, I cannot believe that player did not want to rip them a new one whenever we played them.

The opposite seemed the case, he went into his shell with meek performances, I have to say I found that very bizarre.
I would hope when he does return with Chelsea our fans don’t give him the shit the dippers gave him

Agree with this transfer or not Raheem deserves the respect from us all for contributing to our fantastic team over the last few years

Applaud him and leave the bitterness to the dippers

I would hope when he does return with Chelsea our fans don’t give him the shit the dippers gave him

Agree with this transfer or not Raheem deserves the respect from us all for contributing to our fantastic team over the last few years

Applaud him and leave the bitterness to the dippers
If any of our fans were to show him disrespect it would be an utter disgrace.

Had Sterling shown more application/passion,in every respect...then he would not have split opinion to the humongous degree he has achieved.

I never really thought he was bothered about our shirt or prepared to leave his heart and soul on the pitch,and admittedly that very much influenced my feelings towards him.

For those reasons he can never be spoken of in the same glowing terms as others that have come and gone in the same era.A huge shame as he could genuinely have been a great here.

Came in for a decent fee. Gave us 7 very good years and leaves with us making more than we paid. Hes been a huge part of our success but you cant help feeling he could have been even more so.
Thanks Raheem.
From memory one of the add ons was £5m for winning the champions League ,think we had the dippers pants down there :+)

Raz is a top draw player who will be missed, he's a London boy who wants to go home, was never going to sign a new deal or extend his contract.
The best outcome for everyone is that the deal is concluded as quickly as possible with minimum fuss and our clubs usual class.

The club will be class have no doubt.

I am less convinced about others

Weird one is Raz.

Contributed massively to our success under Pep. Which led him to demand the same wages as Kev. Since I assume we said no to that he's been probably been about 60% the player he was. Offer from us remained but he never really indicated that he'd sign the extension or that he massively wants to be here? Lack of connection with the fans/club is probably the reason people aren't particularly arsed we're losing a winger that can rack up 30+ goals and double figure assists a season. Leaves with my gratitude and well wishes but we keep moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.