Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
been very frustrating the last couple of years, at times looks worse than a sunday league player playing with a hangover as cant keep his feet and trips over the ball, then bobs up all smiles. could be a confidence thing but will be interesting to see if a new environment improves his foot work

Your Television screen is upside down or you have been supping too many cold Tinnies.-)

been very frustrating the last couple of years, at times looks worse than a sunday league player playing with a hangover as cant keep his feet and trips over the ball, then bobs up all smiles. could be a confidence thing but will be interesting to see if a new environment improves his foot work
Couldn't hit a Koala's arse with a didgeridoo.

Putting my negative head on he was like a man down in the dippers and rags games and despite his many City career highlights my abiding memories are the miss of the century v Lyon away, miss of the decade v Burnley away and the sickening feeling I had after his ‘VAR’ last minute winning goal v Spurs in the champions league.
The major negative of Sterling was his attitude and performances against Liverpool.

The shit that club gave him during negotiations with us and his career with us was a disgrace, I cannot believe that player did not want to rip them a new one whenever we played them.

The opposite seemed the case, he went into his shell with meek performances, I have to say I found that very bizarre.

The major negative of Sterling was his attitude and performances against Liverpool.

The shit that club gave him during negotiations with us and his career with us was a disgrace, I cannot believe that player did not want to rip them a new one whenever we played them.

The opposite seemed the case, he went into his shell with meek performances, I have to say I found that very bizarre.

He scored a perfectly good, winning goal against them at home this year which was disgracefully manipulated to look offside.

I actually thought he had a decent handle on his performances in the end against Liverpool, considering.

He scored against them in the Community Shield, tore them a new one and scored in the 4-0 and 4-1 wins during Covid.

He has always played well against Chelsea but my angst was his games against United, where you would forget he was playing unless he was missing gilt-edged chances?

Did he ever score against them? Seven years and never scored against that turgid shit?

Will always be a mystery to me.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, Raheem's huge contribution to our recent success seems undervalued by some. I think in time it will be better appreciated.

I hope he has a great world cup and is very happy (albeit not as a result of honours!) at Chelsea.

Putting my negative head on he was like a man down in the dippers and rags games and despite his many City career highlights my abiding memories are the miss of the century v Lyon away, miss of the decade v Burnley away and the sickening feeling I had after his ‘VAR’ last minute winning goal v Spurs in the champions league.
Well, my abiding memory will be that sublime piece of skill to escape his man and deliver an outrageous cross for the Gundo header against Villa which set us on our way to securing four titles in the last five years.

Had Sterling shown more application/passion,in every respect...then he would not have split opinion to the humongous degree he has achieved.

I never really thought he was bothered about our shirt or prepared to leave his heart and soul on the pitch,and admittedly that very much influenced my feelings towards him.

For those reasons he can never be spoken of in the same glowing terms as others that have come and gone in the same era.A huge shame as he could genuinely have been a great here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.