Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we know we are going to win the quadruple with 100+ in the league, I don't understand how selling Raheem is working for us, particularly with 5 subs from this season - and we are a player short. And both him and Jesus are getting more money. Jeff, explain that one to me! And then Ake is offered to leave, the player, who to a large extent, rescued our season when our back line looked like a WWI trench.

Unless we know we are going to win the quadruple with 100+ in the league, I don't understand how selling Raheem is working for us, particularly with 5 subs from this season - and we are a player short. And both him and Jesus are getting more money. Jeff, explain that one to me! And then Ake is offered to leave, the player, who to a large extent, rescued our season when our back line looked like a WWI trench.

The problem is that posters are looking at it as if City want to sell him, it looks to me that he's got his heart set for a move and there is nothing we can do about it.

Keep a player who doesn't want to be here for another year?

Get £50 million for him and wages off the books so a player that wants to be here can be brought in.

Nobody is really arsed here how many fans we have around the world, I'm certainly not. They contribute next to nothing to the club's coffers, and most have only latched on due to our success. Should we ever fall from grace we'll see how many glory hunters will still be wearing snide City shirts in Africa, amongst other places.
Some comments here are just a few inches north of getting very very ugly.

BlueMoonRisin one of the reasons why we get circa 70 million a year from Puma, is because little old City have got about 30/40 million followers on facebook, instagram. Not my thing, but to say the international following contribute nothing is erroneous.
Globalization is a concept that seems to be too complex for some to understand.

The biggest CONCERN is the media and the entire footballing world would drive the narrative that "Bigger/Historical clubs are taking Mancity's best players in their prime". We can already see the positive articles on Sterling going around, god forbid if he helps them win a trophy.

Chelsea no longer get the stick like they used to, moreover they won 2 UCLs so they're seen as part of the elite. Everyone is waiting for us to fall, mainly from 4 American owners of big 6. Don't be naive, be cautious when having commercial relationship with them.

I sincerely hope both Jesus and Sterling are underwhelming signings for both the clubs.
Chelsea and Arsenal??

Come on now.

Remember that we signed Erling Haaland?

There is, apparently, some disagreement between Chelsea officials as to the wisdom of completing the Raheem Sterling.

Reports indicate that amongst those at Stamford Bridge who are recommending the club not too finalise the deal includes former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan.

Meanwhile Thomas Tuchel is thought to be keen to complete the transaction.
A handful of posts since 2009..... Sniff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.