Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raheem is a player in his prime, not some half-arsed worked-out donkey. His contribution to us for the past 6 years was immense. What I can find in media we did fuck all to try to keep him. Always a workhorse, almost never injured and we let him leave for less money than that Brazilan dude from Everton. And we then let the other Brazilian dude leave, the one who is almost Raheem's clone when it comes to above mentioned attributes.
Lillo was obviously the one who changed our approach to defending, more organised slightly sitting further back to the middle. If Pep wants to go his old ways, good luck with Halland, Grealish and Mahrez up front. Just my opinion, or I just did not catch that Halland hysteria train.
You obviously didn't...thank God you aren't running the team...

You mean you see more shirts aroun. that’s because of all the Chelsea shirts that are donated when plastics switch teams.
Go to the Caribbean and you’ll see the same thing with Arsenal and rag shirts.
Nobody has bought them.
If you go to cuba you might see someone walking around in my old Robinho shirt that doesn’t even know he’s a rapist .
I saw a kid wearing a Liverpool shirt in a tribe in the middle of the jungle in Malaysia. Obviously didn't even know what the shirt was.

Interestingly, a mate of mine did a Christmas thing this year for refugees from Myanmar where the kids could choose a football shirt. They all chose PSG or Man Utd, with a couple choosing Argentina and Portugal. No Real Madrid, no Bayern Munich, no Barcelona, no Juventus, no City, no Chelsea, no Liverpool. They don't support those teams, they support Messi and Ronaldo. If he'd done the same thing a year before, everyone would have asked for Juventus and Barcelona.

Raheem is a player in his prime, not some half-arsed worked-out donkey. His contribution to us for the past 6 years was immense. What I can find in media we did fuck all to try to keep him. Always a workhorse, almost never injured and we let him leave for less money than that Brazilan dude from Everton. And we then let the other Brazilian dude leave, the one who is almost Raheem's clone when it comes to above mentioned attributes.
Lillo was obviously the one who changed our approach to defending, more organised slightly sitting further back to the middle. If Pep wants to go his old ways, good luck with Halland, Grealish and Mahrez up front. Just my opinion, or I just did not catch that Halland hysteria train.
Which year do you think he was crap in? :)

He's had a new contract on the table for 18 months (it's been in the media).

I was not exactly buoyant when Raz signed for us.
However he was an integral part of our success for years and I have defended him on here on many occasions as he wore the blue shirt.
I do believe Pep is setting the bar ever higher- a bit too high for Raz.
I wish him well and thanks for the memories.

I saw a kid wearing a Liverpool shirt in a tribe in the middle of the jungle in Malaysia. Obviously didn't even know what the shirt was.

Interestingly, a mate of mine did a Christmas thing this year for refugees from Myanmar where the kids could choose a football shirt. They all chose PSG or Man Utd, with a couple choosing Argentina and Portugal. No Real Madrid, no Bayern Munich, no Barcelona, no Juventus, no City, no Chelsea, no Liverpool. They don't support those teams, they support Messi and Ronaldo. If he'd done the same thing a year before, everyone would have asked for Juventus and Barcelona.
Good point. Kids follow idols, not institutions. If they have the choice, they would go for the shirt of their idol.

Had Sterling shown more application/passion,in every respect...then he would not have split opinion to the humongous degree he has achieved.

I never really thought he was bothered about our shirt or prepared to leave his heart and soul on the pitch,and admittedly that very much influenced my feelings towards him.

For those reasons he can never be spoken of in the same glowing terms as others that have come and gone in the same era.A huge shame as he could genuinely have been a great here.
This is view expressed in various forms by a number of posters. I completely understand why people say it but I think a large part of it is a question of personality rather than commitment. He appears to be very self contained to the point of appearing diffident. I would speculate that some of the disgraceful shit he has had to put up with in his career to date may have contributed to his more guarded and less demonstrative approach. I like a player who wears his heart on his sleeve as much as the next fan but if a player doesn't do that I don't think you can conclude they are less committed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.