Rainbow laces campaign

Save the rainbow 3

f250620a05b3f72d992e3f787fc9307f.jpg

If you genuinely believe that then you're just plain wrong. Let's see on Saturday how many times people sing 'Chelsea rent boys'. The premiership is a GLOBAL brand. We've been enlightened and we should all back a moral crusade into the parts of the world where being gay is punishable by law. Just because someone belongs to a 'highly vocal minority' doesn't mean their rights to live in a safe community are null and void.

That stat you've posted is probably incorrect because there's always a 'dark figure' when discussing a taboo subject (hence the no answer brigade). If it's 5% that's 1 in 20 people in the country who would describe themselves as being LGBT. In Manchester I'd argue it will be even higher than the national average (same with places like Brighton). So In a community like ours these campaigns are definitely necessary.

You might not be bothered, but other people will be. This campaign has got people talking - it's shown that the majority of City fans are enlightened and will hopefully encourage lots of younger men and women will feel more comfortable living the way they were born.

There won't be a single chant of 'Chelsea Rent Boy's on Saturday. Guaranteed.

In terms of the whole campaign I don't think it should have happened

Yes we can see that.

All this other nonsense distracts from what im paying my money for

How did it detract from the game for you specifically?

and as Fernandinho is an evangelical Christian its likely to be against his beliefs

That's rather a large assumption you've made right there isn't it. It's not as if certain sects of Christianity don't have openly gay clergy.

At least get your facts straight while you are emoting so publicly.

(UK 2015)

Heterosexual - 93.7%
Gay/Lesbian - 1.1%
Bisexual - 0.6%
Other - 0.4%
No Answer - 4.1%

The LGBT community is a small, highly vocal group and in the UK in 2016 they are not really being discriminated against.
Going off your figures there are over 4m that don't classify themselves as heterosexual.

I'd say that's a sizable amount of people in our small island.

How can you say they are not discriminated against when not one gay/bi professional footballer in the Premier League feels safe enough to actually be open about their sexuality. How can you say they aren't discriminated against when you still get fans singing "who's the faggot in the pink" at any away fan brave enough to wear a pink top?

Can't wait to go on the post match thread and see the rainbow laces being blamed for a player slipping at a crucial moment.

It's never stopped thousands chanting it before

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here after last season's home game against Chelsea, initiated by a City fan who was ejected and banned for a few games for shouting 'Chelsea Rent Boys' at the away fans. He got no sympathy from anyone on here.

I was at all 3 games against Chelsea last year and never heard it once; not inside or outside the stadiums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.