Rainbow laces campaign

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here after last season's home game against Chelsea, initiated by a City fan who was ejected and banned for a few games for shouting 'Chelsea Rent Boys' at the away fans. He got no sympathy from anyone on here.

I was at all 3 games against Chelsea last year and never heard it once; not inside or outside the stadiums.
Well that's an improvement then atleast.

Tragically it seems from the news this week that the only real support for homosexuality in the game is to cover up for middle aged coaches to force themselves on youth team players. Perhaps if football were more open and welcoming to lgbt issues/people these men could have openly had boyfriends their own age instead of covertly bumming kids? If shoelaces help then im all for it.

Tragically it seems from the news this week that the only real support for homosexuality in the game is to cover up for middle aged coaches to force themselves on youth team players. Perhaps if football were more open and welcoming to lgbt issues/people these men could have openly had boyfriends their own age instead of covertly bumming kids? If shoelaces help then im all for it.
Wow - I'm sure you meant well

Going off your figures there are over 4m that don't classify themselves as heterosexual.

I'd say that's a sizable amount of people in our small island.

How can you say they are not discriminated against when not one gay/bi professional footballer in the Premier League feels safe enough to actually be open about their sexuality. How can you say they aren't discriminated against when you still get fans singing "who's the faggot in the pink" at any away fan brave enough to wear a pink top?

Or 1.7 million who are LGBT. Depends on how you appropriate (or misappropriate) the unknowns.

Lies, damn lies and statistics (and yes, I know I started it).

What in the flying fuck!?

What a contemptible post.

Or 1.7 million who are LGBT. Depends on how you appropriate (or misappropriate) the unknowns.

Lies, damn lies and statistics (and yes, I know I started it).
Not really. I'm not remotely surprised many choose not to answer the question and have the government know their sexuality.

Also 1.7% of 65m isn't 1.7m but not to worry.

What in the flying fuck!?

What a contemptible post.
I don't see why. Perhaps if the overly macho- heterosexual /homophobic culture around the game (certainly in the 70's 80's) was more open to other forms of sexual expression these things may not have happened? If you force any human to surpress a natural desire or feeling it can sometimes find its expression in other ways. These men used their power over the young boys to indulge themselves, confident that the heady mix of power /shame would keep their secret intact. Thankfully some if these lads are now speaking out, but not before lives were ruined.

Not really. I'm not remotely surprised many choose not to answer the question and have the government know their sexuality.

Also 1.7% of 65m isn't 1.7m but not to worry.

Sorry, typo, 1.1 million. But like you correctly imply,the numbers don't tell the whole story.

I think the posters on this thread fall into 2 groups, and the one thing we all agree on is that the out right haters are beneath contempt.

I'm now going to stop thinking about show laces and think about Chavski on Saturday (I hope the use of that derogatory term doesn't offend any of the Chavs on here).

I don't see why. Perhaps if the overly macho- heterosexual /homophobic culture around the game (certainly in the 70's 80's) was more open to other forms of sexual expression these things may not have happened? If you force any human to surpress a natural desire or feeling it can sometimes find its expression in other ways. These men used their power over the young boys to indulge themselves, confident that the heady mix of power /shame would keep their secret intact. Thankfully some if these lads are now speaking out, but not before lives were ruined.
I think he thinks you're saying that gay people are also paedos. Or become them if they can't be with a man.

I think he thinks you're saying that gay people are also paedos. Or become them if they can't be with a man.
No. Sorry for the inference. If it were a male coach of a netball team (for arguments sake) shagging young girls it would obviously be just as wrong that he didn't get a girlfriend his own age - or at least over the legal age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.