Rainbow laces campaign

Quite.

What stuff at the game? There's no game on today. I'm talking about the rainbow flags outside the ground during pride.

You think all of these things happen without the say so of our chairman really? Do you think he doesn't know?

If the majority don't wear the laces then it just goes to show how far football has to come to catch up with the rest of society. Nothing more.

There is a game V Burnley and there is going to be a big rainbow flag before the game, all refs will be made to wear the laces and the players will be encouraged to (but probably wont)..... http://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-backs-lgbt-rainbow-laces-campaign-10672310 - this isn't a City initiative its a Stonewall/ premier league one - which is why im pretty sure that our Chairman/ owner wouldn't have had much input on it (I would suggest it would be self defeating to go against the whole league). I thought Pride was ages ago but I must be honest its not an event I particularly pay attention to seeing I don't live in Manchester anymore - im talking about the Rainbow laces campaign as per the title of the thread.

There is a game V Burnley and there is going to be a big rainbow flag before the game,

Yes. There isn't a game at the Etihad. I was talking about when City put rainbow flags up each and every year.

players will be encouraged to (but probably wont)

In your opinion. We shall see. It feels as if you're hoping most won't.

im talking about the Rainbow laces campaign as per the title of the thread.

Yes but you're also saying that City changing their profile picture was the doing of just the social media team ignoring the fact the club is ALWAYS LGBTQ+ friendly, had a float in pride and puts up pride flags every year. To think that the chairman is unaware of that is rather naive.

Yes. There isn't a game at the Etihad. I was talking about when City put rainbow flags up each and every year.

In your opinion. We shall see. It feels as if you're hoping most won't.

Yes but you're also saying that City changing their profile picture was the doing of just the social media team ignoring the fact the club is ALWAYS LGBTQ+ friendly, had a float in pride and puts up pride flags every year. To think that the chairman is unaware of that is rather naive.

Whilst I do find campaigns such as this rather tedious I don't object to players wearing them if they want to, if every player wears them great, if every player doesn't also great. I wouldn't wear them but its a personal choice.

Maybe the Chairman does know and is being pragmatic - anyway all good I now have to start working out which pub to watch the match in - not many open here for early kick offs :-(

Homophobia/Racism/Xenophobia is definitely a problem amongst football fans, but not so much in the industry itself- remember the Adebayor chant that almost every Arsenal fan didn't seem to think was at all wrong to sing?

That said, racism in top football is the most bizarre thing. Our first team squad alone has 12 black people and several Muslims. Trying to draw a line between the straight white christian people and everyone else only creates misery.

Not all the players will wear them but I hope a few will. I fear the media will try and turn it into a competition to see who has the "least homophobic squad" which defeats the point.

Now that I think about it I don't actually know the views of any of our players on homosexuality but I'm sure there's a few different opinions in the team.

Last edited:
Whilst I do find campaigns such as this rather tedious I don't object to players wearing them if they want to, if every player wears them great, if every player doesn't also great. I wouldn't wear them but its a personal choice.

Maybe the Chairman does know and is being pragmatic - anyway all good I now have to start working out which pub to watch the match in - not many open here for early kick offs :-(
Hope you find a good one.

Personally I don't think this is a political issue, more about not dividing people. The human race is fucked if we can't be unified.

I dont take any notice of the Facebook fckwits,there mostly glory hunters,who if we failed to win the league or challenge would quite happily fck us off for the rags etc.
Thats what i find most depressing,that we have become what i used to take the piss out of my rag mates for.

off to the pub in half hour, hope the football doesn't distract us from talking about, racial discrimination, brexit, homophobia, Donald trump, you know all those types of issues us football watching fans should be sorting out whilst there is a game of football going on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.