Rainbow laces campaign

I'll do the same, as penance for my sense of humour failure (although it's a bit of an empty gesture on my part as my laces are already black).

The civil rights movements in the sixties, women's lib in the seventies, gay rights in the eighties and nineties were all valid causes.
Battles that needed to be fought and won; and thankfully they were.

But political correctness is the overshoot of these legitimate crusades.
I think one day we'll look back on the absurdities of footballers wearing rainbow coloured laces, and other politically correct nonsense in the same way that we laugh at the Victorians for covering up table legs because it reminded them of sex; it's bollocks.

I,m sorry but that just is not true. These battles are far from won.

I get that there are cynical people out there - I often being one of them - who perceive these 'political slogans' as nothing other than a shallow attempt to act fashionably progressive but I don't understand what issue someone could seriously take with a multicoloured pair of laces.

The publicity that these types of events generates is what makes me skeptical. Thus I remain cynical.

Respect to City for displaying this.
Manchester has one of the most thriving LGBTQ+ communities, I mean the road next to the Etihad is named after a famed homosexual.
Famed, but not for being a homosexual. Dead at a young age, for being a homosexual. With Justin Fashanu also in mind, isn't that the heart of the issue?

Famed, but not for being a homosexual. Dead at a young age, for being a homosexual. With Justin Fashanu also in mind, isn't that the heart of the issue?
I didn't mean he was actually famous for his sexual preference.
I mean come on, he is such an influential person in computing I thought this would've been obvious.

From the Facebook. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Edward Jimpson McTiernan
You're a football club. I'm so sick of everyone ramming this down our throats. Enough already. We don't hate gays. Homosexuality is a sin. There's no such thing as gay marriage. Natural law is natural law. No matter how many of you think that you can change nature, you can't.

Why is it "down our throats?" Are these people literally thinking of a big, butch, gay man shoving his huge hunk of meat down their throats? If so, I think I've found the source of their objection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.