Random City Players

Robert Hopkins & Tony Grealish

If memory serves, both signed on the same day or week & both fucking terrible
No we signed Grealish, Gidman and Varadi in the same week just before a derby, think it was the 1-1 draw Mick McCarthy bullet header?
Hopkins had already been and gone by then iirc

No we signed Grealish, Gidman and Varadi in the same week just before a derby, think it was the 1-1 draw Mick McCarthy bullet header?
That’s the week I’m thinking of, so at least I got that part correct ;)

Ronnie Mauge - can’t recall any of the games he played in, yet I went to the games.

We sent Hopkins to West Brom in a swap for Varadi, who made his debut at Chelsea the week before the derby. He scored early to put us in front but we still lost. I think Grealish came in the same deal, with us paying some cash as well, but wasn't fit to play until the United game a week later.

Gidman came the following week, I think, and went straight into the side to face the twats. We sold Trevor Christie to Walsall and Gordon Davies to Fulham to balance the books.

Ronnie Mauge - can’t recall any of the games he played in, yet I went to the games.
Ronnie Mauge made only one appearance for City, coming on as a substitute in a Full Members' Cup game away to Sheffield Wednesday in October 1991.
City lost 3-2 and Colin Hendry scored both our goals.

I think anyone who saw him or remembers him deserves a medal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.