Rank Our Players in Terms of Importance...

Silva was a magnificent individual but he was an even better team player.
Well of course, but I think you've misunderstood the thread. Your argument was that 'once we start singling out individuals as more important than other we have issues'. Would you say Silva was more important than Nolito? If the answer is yes, which, let's be honest, it is, then it stands to reason that certain players in the current team are more important to us playing well as a team. That's all the original post was asking us to talk about.

Funnily enough, about 10mins ago I was just mulling over in my head which players would be chosen for either battle or guile. I agree with all those choices but special mention goes to Bernie cos you don't necessarily think he'd be the one with that bite!

But, he fucking does and it surprises me every time!
Agree mate the go to names like KDB, Gundogan, Foden don’t necessarily have to be in the side to get the win but we need Bernardo in the middle for energy and grit

Every single one of our lads deserves to be number one or ten out of ten. Why? Because one game it could be Ederson who gives us goose pimples, the next game it could be Kev, then Bernie and so on. So for me it’s impossible to rank them except all in the number one position! Sorry. :-)

Last edited:
Well of course, but I think you've misunderstood the thread. Your argument was that 'once we start singling out individuals as more important than other we have issues'. Would you say Silva was more important than Nolito? If the answer is yes, which, let's be honest, it is, then it stands to reason that certain players in the current team are more important to us playing well as a team. That's all the original post was asking us to talk about.

Thank you!

I didn't think it was 'Krypton Factor' level stuff!

My order of importance right now...
1. Dias
2. Bernardo
3. Foden
4. Walker
5. Jesus
6. Rodri
7. Ederson
8. KDB
9. Laporte
10. Cancelo
11. Grealish

Grealish may be bottom - but only because he is still settling in and we have other options at LM.

All of the players are excellent. What a squad. :-)

My order of importance right now...
1. Dias
2. Bernardo
3. Foden
4. Walker
5. Jesus
6. Rodri
7. Ederson
8. KDB
9. Laporte
10. Cancelo
11. Grealish

Grealish may be bottom - but only because he is still settling in and we have other options at LM.

All of the players are excellent. What a squad. :-)

I find Grealish a bit of an enigma at the moment. He, clearly, has ability but I don't know if he believes in what he can bring to this team. I think his AVFC game is so ingrained into the way he plays, he freezes somewhat in this fluid system, not knowing where to put himself for more effect.

Once he's free of that mindset, he may well be one of the best midfield players this country has produced and that tandem with Foden would look absolutely world class.

He has to believe it, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.