Rank Our Players in Terms of Importance...

Was my answer correct?

Are you talking in terms of injuries as you mentioned before? That's one way to look at it, I suppose, but in the overarching view, I was thinking in terms of what makes ME as a City lad/ fan feel our chances are going to be, seeing what names make up the team.

For example, I fret less when Walker is on the right, rather than Cancelo. I feel the same for Stones over Laporte (IMO) and that's how my thought process goes in order to see how the game will pan out.

Will it be harder work? Will it be dynamic? Will it be quick or slow, etc.

You have me assessing why I think Bernie's so integral to the team and I think it's because he knit's the job between Rodri and de Bruyne to such an effect that they seem to have more room to manoeuvre than when Gundogan or, indeed, Fern's there.

Always always an outlet when he plays.

Are you talking in terms of injuries as you mentioned before? That's one way to look at it, I suppose, but in the overarching view, I was thinking in terms of what makes ME as a City lad/ fan feel our chances are going to be, seeing what names make up the team.

For example, I fret less when Walker is on the right, rather than Cancelo. I feel the same for Stones over Laporte (IMO) and that's my thought process goes in order to see how the game will pan out.

Will it be harder work? Will it be dynamic? Will it be quick or slow, etc.

You have me assessing why I think Bernie's so integral to the team and I think it's because he knit's the job between Rodri and de Bruyne to such an effect that they seem to have more room to manoeuvre than when Gundogan or, indeed, Fern's there.

Always always an outlet when he plays.
OK so it's your preferred players rather than squad strength then, much easier although I've named 13 lol

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Stones
Cancelo
Rodri
Bernardo
KDB
Foden
Torres
Jesus
Grealish

Cancelo needs to be right up there with his ability to come inside and make another midfield pivot, the way weve started the season Laporte needs to be in there aswell for his ability to switch the play, something that was seriously lacking when he was out and Ake played
And to add cancelo has solved our left back 'issue' with Zin as backup, so I agree could easily be higher up in the list, he loves to get forward and can score too

I find Grealish a bit of an enigma at the moment. He, clearly, has ability but I don't know if he believes in what he can bring to this team. I think his AVFC game is so ingrained into the way he plays, he freezes somewhat in this fluid system, not knowing where to put himself for more effect.

Once he's free of that mindset, he may well be one of the best midfield players this country has produced and that tandem with Foden would look absolutely world class.

He has to believe it, though.

Until a few mins ago, I had no clue this was also discussed with Marcotti and co! Neds is brilliant in his viewpoints on Grealish and Kane!

I just happened to listen to Gabriel Marcotti and he raised his own personal view about where players ranked in the team.

I happened to disagree with his view, but it IS really tough to think about as, potentially, it changes based upon form.

So, after much thought here's what impressions I get for the TEAM, not the club...

1) Ederson

2) Dias and Stones (I can't separate them and confidence and trust comes from them to get results)

3) De Bruyne - our metronome/ heartbeat

4) Walker - oozes confidence and actually thinks about his game and positioning now under Pep

5) Foden - the arc of his rise is almost unprecedented, especially when you compare his and Sancho's impact, right now. Can see him replacing KdB in order to bring Palmer through.

6) Rodri- just been so impressive now he's made that mid his own. Majestic, at times.

7) Here's the tough bit, but... Berni > Gundogan. They offer different things, yes, but we're seeing the real Bernado stand up an run even when he looks like he's done, energy-wise. He'd been so stunted because of Gundogan offering Pep what he thought he needed in that mid (and that's fair enough), but we nearly lost this special player, ffs!

When I think about it, all the players above play for the team first and foremost before thinking about personal headlines.

9) Jesus - I could have put him in the first bracket of late, but I would have to see if his old habits return out of frustration.

10) Mahrez - sure, he has 'magical moments' and, again, another who has recently been offering more team-wise, but I can't forgive his habit of trying impossible shots when the easy option is on.

11) Steffen - very capable and has clearly built his game more on how Ederson sees the game and I, personally, hope he gets to shine further in the team.

Of course, an honourable mention goes to Fern, but he's not in the team regularly enough now and we all know what he offers when he is and for me, would sit above Rodri.

I like Sterling, but I don't/ can't rank him in the importance aspect in all brutal honesty. I could break down the reasoning, but can't be bothered as it's obvious based on my thoughts above.

I might have missed one or two, but that's just how I see it in my mind.

Not sure if it worth polling, mind.

How do you guys see things in terms of team importance?
Thanks Bigga for this, and a great idea. I like how you've done it and your thinking behind it. Would be nice to read a few more assessments.
After watching Torres last night, I'd add him to the list. His hatricks against both Germany and Newcastle suggest we missed a trick or two with him so far. Good game awareness and should be called from the bench before Sterling. Less a false number 9 than a real number 9. Cool finisher too.
So you're a Doors fan too? : )

Luis Enrique might just add Torres to the list and suggest that we show more patience with a player whose subtleties and game awareness need fully utilizing.

I just happened to listen to Gabriel Marcotti and he raised his own personal view about where players ranked in the team.

I happened to disagree with his view, but it IS really tough to think about as, potentially, it changes based upon form.

So, after much thought here's what impressions I get for the TEAM, not the club...

1) Ederson

2) Dias and Stones (I can't separate them and confidence and trust comes from them to get results)

3) De Bruyne - our metronome/ heartbeat

4) Walker - oozes confidence and actually thinks about his game and positioning now under Pep

5) Foden - the arc of his rise is almost unprecedented, especially when you compare his and Sancho's impact, right now. Can see him replacing KdB in order to bring Palmer through.

6) Rodri- just been so impressive now he's made that mid his own. Majestic, at times.

7) Here's the tough bit, but... Berni > Gundogan. They offer different things, yes, but we're seeing the real Bernado stand up an run even when he looks like he's done, energy-wise. He'd been so stunted because of Gundogan offering Pep what he thought he needed in that mid (and that's fair enough), but we nearly lost this special player, ffs!

When I think about it, all the players above play for the team first and foremost before thinking about personal headlines.

9) Jesus - I could have put him in the first bracket of late, but I would have to see if his old habits return out of frustration.

10) Mahrez - sure, he has 'magical moments' and, again, another who has recently been offering more team-wise, but I can't forgive his habit of trying impossible shots when the easy option is on.

11) Steffen - very capable and has clearly built his game more on how Ederson sees the game and I, personally, hope he gets to shine further in the team.

Of course, an honourable mention goes to Fern, but he's not in the team regularly enough now and we all know what he offers when he is and for me, would sit above Rodri.

I like Sterling, but I don't/ can't rank him in the importance aspect in all brutal honesty. I could break down the reasoning, but can't be bothered as it's obvious based on my thoughts above.

I might have missed one or two, but that's just how I see it in my mind.

Not sure if it worth polling, mind.

How do you guys see things in terms of team importance?
In the words of Thomas Frederick Cooper; “just like that”!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.