Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 and would have been lower if we had not accomplished our goal to sign a striker AND lost one of Bernardo or Laporte. Happy with the Grealish signing though.

Cheers, looks a decent player at 17 if not a little greedy at times. Would be nice to maybe see one of these “next Naymar” types come straight over and see how they do. I don’t see how sending them to places like Troyes or other clubs we own really benefits them when getting beat week in week out? But that’s just me. Only benefit is getting a work permit.
I don’t get either and I have the impression he thought he would be coming here

Solid 10-, kept all players, signed by far the most exciting player in the PL and Ronaldo turned what it was in the first place, a bullshit story!

No big striker, no LB, bought a guy we didn't need for 100million ..absolute shambles!!! what's Gary Cook doing these days? :-/

We kept the players we wanted to.
We bought Jack.
We offloaded some players
We loaned out some players
We forced utd to buy Ronaldo
We tried to get the best striker for our system, but couldn't.
We didn't panic and buy a 2nd rate last minute replacement.
We saved a shit load of cash for a striker in Jan or next summer.

Basing it on 5 actually being average and not the now common practice of the mean average of 5 being deemed terrible, I'm giving it a generous 3/10 and that's only because we kept the likes of laporte and Bernardo and even that was seemingly because nobody would stump up the money.

Sugar coat it however you want but our main priority was a striker, Pep said so, khaldoon said so every single city fan said so and we failed to sign one, that's a monumental failure by any measurement.

We didn't get played by Levy all summer, Pep himself said Levy refused to even entertain the prospect of a bid for Kane so why the hell did we hang around until a week before the window closes just twiddling our thumbs seemingly waiting for Charlie Kane to force Levy to deal with us with no backups?

Aside from the striker, I think we really needed a holding midfielder too but no movement there either and I think we will regret that before the season is done. I don't believe left back is a problem.

We paid a release clause set so high that the villa board didn't believe it would ever be met for a left midfielder which is arguably our strongest position in the side. Personally, I don't think he's better than our other options, I think Foden is already better and that gap will only widen, and sterling is vital to the squad for the sheer fact he's the only runner in the side. if others think he's better than foden/sterling fine but I don't think anybody will say he's a significant upgrade and that's kind of the bare minimum you'd expect when you break the British transfer record on a player.

Of the outgoings, got some OK money for squad players. can't say any of them are good prices, but none terrible either. I'd say most are on the low end of reasonable, didn't manage to get rid of all of them though. would have liked to have seen that money coming in reinvested in more of those kind of players to fill the coffers for future seasons, particularly once we had decided against a striker.

Overall, its a failure of a window and that is blown up more by the fact that 2 of what we expect to be our closest rivals had incredibly strong windows and have strengthened significantly. We still have the capabilities to have a good season and win trophies but what we've done is tied one of peps hands behind his back and thrown him in the ring to fight.

Basing it on 5 actually being average and not the now common practice of the mean average of 5 being deemed terrible, I'm giving it a generous 3/10 and that's only because we kept the likes of laporte and Bernardo and even that was seemingly because nobody would stump up the money.

Sugar coat it however you want but our main priority was a striker, Pep said so, khaldoon said so every single city fan said so and we failed to sign one, that's a monumental failure by any measurement.

We didn't get played by Levy all summer, Pep himself said Levy refused to even entertain the prospect of a bid for Kane so why the hell did we hang around until a week before the window closes just twiddling our thumbs seemingly waiting for Charlie Kane to force Levy to deal with us with no backups?

Aside from the striker, I think we really needed a holding midfielder too but no movement there either and I think we will regret that before the season is done. I don't believe left back is a problem.

We paid a release clause set so high that the villa board didn't believe it would ever be met for a left midfielder which is arguably our strongest position in the side. Personally, I don't think he's better than our other options, I think Foden is already better and that gap will only widen, and sterling is vital to the squad for the sheer fact he's the only runner in the side. if others think he's better than foden/sterling fine but I don't think anybody will say he's a significant upgrade and that's kind of the bare minimum you'd expect when you break the British transfer record on a player.

Of the outgoings, got some OK money for squad players. can't say any of them are good prices, but none terrible either. I'd say most are on the low end of reasonable, didn't manage to get rid of all of them though. would have liked to have seen that money coming in reinvested in more of those kind of players to fill the coffers for future seasons, particularly once we had decided against a striker.

Overall, its a failure of a window and that is blown up more by the fact that 2 of what we expect to be our closest rivals had incredibly strong windows and have strengthened significantly. We still have the capabilities to have a good season and win trophies but what we've done is tied one of peps hands behind his back and thrown him in the ring to fight.
Can't really disagree with any of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.