Rate The Season

A season where we never really turned up and never seriously challenged for silverware. Which as the whole club is geared to do precisely that, namely challenge, then it's being disappointing.

But if our new reality is where seasons like this and 12/13 are disappointing then it's not too bad really.

Its all relative to expectation, but finishing the season empty handed with a team that was given a beating in the Derby and is in need of a major overhaul, id give it a rating of 5/10.

Watching David Silva and Sergio grace the pitch silverware or not it's a 10/10 for me.

sergio-aguero-david-silva-manchester-city.jpg

Vienna_70 said:
On his post-match phone-in, Collymoron was asking people to call in and rate their season.

And while I didn't ring in (I was driving), it set me thinking. I would give ours 8/10.

No trophies, but we finished second in the Premier League, got out of the group in the Champions' League and didn't disgrace ourselves against Barcelona. Indeed, our result against them was better than either PSG or Bayern.

What do others think?
I'm an 8 too, and 8 is a disappointment these days, but there are still pluses for me, 26 league goals for Sergio, leagues top scorers. Beating united by 9 points, especially after they had 'beaten' us only 6 weeks ago according to their fans (since the derby City 18 points, united 5).

cleavers said:
Vienna_70 said:
On his post-match phone-in, Collymoron was asking people to call in and rate their season.

And while I didn't ring in (I was driving), it set me thinking. I would give ours 8/10.

No trophies, but we finished second in the Premier League, got out of the group in the Champions' League and didn't disgrace ourselves against Barcelona. Indeed, our result against them was better than either PSG or Bayern.

What do others think?
I'm an 8 too, and 8 is a disappointment these days, but there are still pluses for me, 26 league goals for Sergio, leagues top scorers. Beating united by 9 points, especially after they had 'beaten' us only 6 weeks ago according to their fans (since the derby City 18 points, united 5).

What did you rate last season?

Love every minute following City. I've met loads of good people through following the team & have seen some great football at times this year. There have been highs & lows, the same as every other season. The cup defeats were poor. CL was slightly better, Roma game was great, others not so great. To narrowly lose to Barcelona, score wise, doesn't seem so bad, when they are walloping other teams.

In the PL, I still think we have the best team, we have just not been as consistent as Chelsea, so they deserve the title. We have dropped too many points to lesser teams. In the PL, if you lose concentration or effort, you get punished, which is what makes our league so good.

Overall not a bad season, but we expect to be winning things now, with the quality of players we have. Maybe this is unrealistic every season, as the competition is fierce.

5/10

Domestic cups thrown. The attitude towards the Boro game still infuriates me. Disgraceful.

League title surrendered fairly easily though we have, in the end, comfortably finished second so not too bad. Chelsea are a good side. I've said it a few times since 2012 that if we can't win it we have to make sure we come second.

'Star players' simultaneously under performing massively.

The biggest negative and where we went wrong was our transfer policy. Chelsea bought really well. We did not.

No signs of youth being given chances. Today's game was a dead rubber. Get them involved.

Kompany's alarming dip in form.

Biggest positives are Joe Hart getting back to his best and Aguero looking better than ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.