Rate The Season

A sense of what might of been!

Had a total variety of performances from being good to looking totally disinterested.

Good that the end run of games saw a return to winning ways and some continuity in the starting 11 being retained from one game to next.

7 out 10....79 pts could have easily got into the mid eighties

Runners-up in league but top scorers and best goal difference. Golden boot and gloves both went to City players. Went out of the UCL to the best team in the competition. The importance of those two competitions is significantly more than the domestic cups; which both saw poor exits. So, overall, a better season than most of the other 41 that I have been a season ticket holder for.

Some people need to get some fucking perspective.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ray78 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
What is 0/10 for the Champions then?

I am looking forward to renewing rivalry against Bolton.
Just answer the question Ray, if the champions getting relegated is 4/10 what's 0-3?

It's not been a bad season. We have the golden boot winner playing for us and a golden glove winning goalkeeper. We have recovered sufficiently and have finished the season unbeaten and league top goal scorers. The way you have rated the season it's as though we have been relegated and heading for bankruptcy.

Ray78 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ray78 said:
I am looking forward to renewing rivalry against Bolton.
Just answer the question Ray, if the champions getting relegated is 4/10 what's 0-3?

It's not been a bad season. We have the golden boot winner playing for us and a golden glove winning goalkeeper. We have recovered sufficiently and have finished the season unbeaten.
It's been a poor season, we barely challenged Chelsea since the turn of the year so those 2 awards (which are great for the individuals) paper over the cracks and winning the last 6 after already handing the title to Chelsea is the least we could have done

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ray78 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

It's not been a bad season. We have the golden boot winner playing for us and a golden glove winning goalkeeper. We have recovered sufficiently and have finished the season unbeaten.
It's been a poor season, we barely challenged Chelsea since the turn of the year so those 2 awards (which are great for the individuals) paper over the cracks and winning the last 6 after already handing the title to Chelsea is the least we could have done

A poor season is where Liverpool finished.

Ray78 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ray78 said:

A poor season is where Liverpool finished.
You do realise we have aspirations that are greater than Liverpool.

Finishing 6th would be a colossal fucking disaster never mind a poor season

1961_vintage said:
pardoeofftomexico said:
The cups I didn't see and could not care less about. Perhaps the players felt the same way.

Lol. Comedy.

Well on the way home the person I was with said that's the season over apart from the cup final and champions league final. At first I couldn't remember who was in the FA Cup Final but eventually decided one was Arsenal. As I write this I still can't remember who their opponents are although I could find out in seconds.

The only competition that matters to me is the Premier League and it would also be nice to do something in the Champions League. The visit to Wembley for the Wigan game will be my last visit to that venue.

We seemed to be in pre season mode until Smalling made it 4-1 at the Swamp. Then we snapped out of it, stopped blaming the World Cup, stopped farting about with rotation, and somehow contrived to win six on the bounce, (with maybe a little bit of luck that we didn’t get earlier in the season).
We were dealt a poor hand in the Chimps League, but Christ we were shite, especially at home.

I thought Chelsea had bought well, and would finish as Champions.

What I didn’t expect, was home defeats in both domestic cups, against teams that had other priorities.

5/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.