RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

My take on Grealish, maybe move him inside. You can't get the ball off him, any fouls would likely be in shooting distance.....
That leaves Foden to play slightly left (or up top left). No idea who would make way in midfield though.
Thought it was a great opportunity to play Jack in the middle last night as I think hes is very positive and can create.

The whole team is playing too slow no tempo whatsoever. No pace in the team except for walker and Haaland. Grealish too many touches, Gundogan and Silva no through balls and constantly checking back.
Need some pace in the team and some tempo adding too easy for teams to get everyone back once we break the press

Not a foul for me and never will be.

Dias is slow to react and Gvardiol got the jump on him and nobody jumps without using arms for leverage.

Dias is only slow to react because Ederson is again rooted to his line and missed the flight of the ball.
Get where you're coming from mate but he was able to hang in the air because he was on Dias shoulders imo its a foul.

Pre-game a draw is a decent result

At 8:45 last night when the tie (never mind the game) should be over its a poor result

I couldn't believe how bad Leipzig were in that first half and I couldn't believe how bad we were in the second half (although nowhere near as poor as Leipzig had been in the first 45 minutes)
Fair comment but the reality is we are a side on the slide, we are just not as good as we once were.
Hopefully that'll be rectified in the summer

We were dominant first half but I think that's more to do with rb rather than us.

2nd half we liked stupified, bad passes galore, RB changes at half time really got to us and we didn't react. I wanted to see foden replacing mahrez, bit more pace down that wing what with all the space there.

But the team seems to be settling down for the title run in, we're getting a feel for what the team will be each week. They just need to get that mental resilience they need.

We were dominant first half but I think that's more to do with rb rather than us.

2nd half we liked stupified, bad passes galore, RB changes at half time really got to us and we didn't react. I wanted to see foden replacing mahrez, bit more pace down that wing what with all the space there.

But the team seems to be settling down for the title run in, we're getting a feel for what the team will be each week. They just need to get that mental resilience they need.
Good post.

I think we're also getting a clearer distinction between our home and away performances. We're certainly better at home at the moment, where I'd say we take more risks in the final third. It all feels a little too safe on the road and that will certainly have to change if we're to have a go at defending the league title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.