RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

Respectfully disagree with your take on the Dias incident. In my opinion Gvardiol gets up too early and then uses Dias for leverage, who then is unable to challenge.

100 percent agree on Ederson though, naively I just expected him to come and claim a simple cross...
No problem for me there goal, Gvardiol wanted it more

That goal was coming, 3 warnings before it

Back to not taking our chances & IMO making tact8cal substitutions, we had at time all middle 3 midfielders out of position or giving the ball away

Walker & Mahrez were shite 2nd half.

Gladly took 1-1

H
Really?

Looks to me like the 2nd clip shows it actually doesn't go near his raised hand and hits the outside of his upper arm.
How can you tell that from the second clip.
The ball is obscured behind the first defender. You can’t see anything. It looks like they are on top of each other whereas the first clip shows there is daylight between them.

They haven't. The (IMO valid) criticism has been brewing for a while. Of course no-one is perfect and Pep has always had his critics, for example his stubborn-ness and reluctance to make changes even when things are patently not working. But the positives have always massively outweighed the negatives. The positive - negative balance seems to me to be slowly shifting a bit. I was so excited when we signed the greatest goalscorer the PL and arguably the world has ever seen, and to see him making run after run after run and no-one passing it to him, is frankly soul-destroying. God only knows how Haaland feels about it.
Don't disagree. I was dismayed by the lack of service to Haaland and refusal to make substitutions when we were under pressure following RBL's changes. I do feel, however, that a lot of this is down to personnel and a clear statement from Pep that we need to be very active in the transfer market this summer. We need to build a team around Haaland and that will mean a change of style over a gradual period as players come and go.

I feel Pep deserves the chance to rebuild this summer and cannot get behind any calls for him to go.

Thanks mate. I would love to see someone compile stats for each time he doesn't come for crosses or gets lucky because he is rooted and the ball goes wide or is cleared by him deferring to his defenders?

I always equate this to the Nasri 95 per cent passing success rate. It's what the player isn't being judged for, rather than the ones which are analysed.

You've probably got them, haven't you ;)
I rate Eddie as a good two footed footballer and an average goalkeeper.

You can see Haaland doesn't even need to make the brilliant inside to out runs that Sterling did to get in on goal.

When do you see Erling flagged offside?

His positional awareness is incredible but we are so risk averse, not even him hanging on the shoulder of the last defender seems to illicit a pass down the sides.

It shouldn't have to be just Kev trying to deliver quicker.

In fairness, Pep said afterwards we need to look for him.

I think we’re seeing some of the systems that should get us going in the run in. We’re a misplaced pass (or an unmade pass) from killing teams off and a stupid mistake from a clean sheet.

If we can get Stones and Dias reunited and get Foden back into the team we won’t need to rely on KDB all the time. Though Mahrez scored yesterday he vanished 2nd like he did for most of the Arsenal match. He’s been in and out of form for the last few matches but against aggressive pressing sides he’s not involved enough.

In fairness, Pep said afterwards we need to look for him.

I think we’re seeing some of the systems that should get us going in the run in. We’re a misplaced pass (or an unmade pass) from killing teams off and a stupid mistake from a clean sheet.

If we can get Stones and Dias reunited and get Foden back into the team we won’t need to rely on KDB all the time. Though Mahrez scored yesterday he vanished 2nd like he did for most of the Arsenal match. He’s been in and out of form for the last few matches but against aggressive pressing sides he’s not involved enough.

I don't think many of our players don't look for him, they just can't see him.

It's what makes Kev and Dave the players they are.

If we don't have that creativity, you find someone like Haaland by using raw pace and crossing.

I don't think many of our players don't look for him, they just can't see him.

It's what makes Kev and Dave the players they are.

If we don't have that creativity, you find someone like Haaland by using raw pace and crossing.
Henry nails it here imo. Haaland has to do more and isn’t blameless in all of this. He is still very raw and whilst he has some world class attributes I’m not sure he is yet a world class striker.

Henry for me is the best player to ever play in this country I sincerely hope haaland has watched this excellent punditry

Don't disagree. I was dismayed by the lack of service to Haaland and refusal to make substitutions when we were under pressure following RBL's changes. I do feel, however, that a lot of this is down to personnel and a clear statement from Pep that we need to be very active in the transfer market this summer. We need to build a team around Haaland and that will mean a change of style over a gradual period as players come and go.

I feel Pep deserves the chance to rebuild this summer and cannot get behind any calls for him to go.
I don't think there are many calls for him to go, are there? I haven't seen any to be honest. Just a few people getting a bit disgruntled and atm some of the shine is wearing off. Hopefully he can get his - and our - mojo back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.