RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I want Johnny Stones back, even if he's playing a different position he's such a calming presence at the back which Dias & Akanji need. He does the same with Maguire for England.

Come back Johnny!
Even if he isn't on the pitch Dias and Akanji need wired up to him so he can speak soothing words to keep them calm.

Come back Johnny x 10!

I was angry with Foden first half, hardly did anything well, lots of bad passes, not enough influence in midfield, but second half he improved greatly and probably was the main reason of winning.

defending is a real problem, we cannot do clean sheet, last year we had top class defending overall especially 2nd half of season, we could trust the defence of getting clean sheets, so far this season something is missing, noot just in defence but in overall control as well.
I assume losing Gundo and KDB while not being to play Stones regularly does that to any team, wish the midfield transfers would have been higher quality tho. Neither Kovacic/Nunes fills me with confidence.

even Spurs will be able to score 1-2 goals probably despite their form if going off the cliff at the moment due to some bad injuries, so we really need to be clinical or its another wasted game.

first place is done in CL tho, last game will not be important, hopefully we get a bit easier team in last 16 due to this.

Marco Rose seems a decent chap. There was a moment his bench was crying out for a red on Dias IIRC, and he told his bench to settle down immediately.

Stark contrast to Arteta, who'd be screaming like a petulant child over it.

Seems a respectful guy overall. Looks like he had a nice chat with Pep during the handshake.
He an honest pro, I think Pep offered him to share a glass with him Pep probably got a deal at Asda but share a glass come on things can't be that hard.

Last edited:
It doesn’t really say a lot.
It was poor no doubt but we are a team that deserves far more credit than some of the posters on here give us.
Agreed. To come back from 2-0 down is not a given for any club - especially in CL. Some fans on here are obviously too used to our success & take it for granted.
Our players are human. Not robots

Agreed. To come back from 2-0 down is not a given for any club - especially in CL. Some fans on here are obviously too used to our success & take it for granted.
Our players are human. Not robots

Leipzig are a decent outfit and they’ve come to our ground before and shown they can be clinical. They pressed really well and didn’t let City have the ball in the areas they wanted to do damage in the first half, the subs and change in shape brought us back into the game. Doku must a nightmare to play against as he can po past defenders on both sides.

Leipzig are a decent outfit and they’ve come to our ground before and shown they can be clinical. They pressed really well and didn’t let City have the ball in the areas they wanted to do damage in the first half, the subs and change in shape brought us back into the game. Doku must a nightmare to play against as he can po past defenders on both sides.
Yep. I thought they played some really good football & we were well below par in first half. Then we realised we’d have to turn up. Phil started to play; Doku frightened everyone & our forwards took their chances at last.

Defence will improve when Jonny is back

Great comeback after a first half to forget. In fairness not one of them played well in the first 45 but Dias is worrying. Doesn't look the player he was, whether that's confidence, playing with injury or something else. Needs a rest! And Rodri, he's allowed a stinker. Better second half although it couldn't have got any worse. Subs made the difference, finished on a high. Well done blues. Onward!

A note on their fans. I was right next to them and heard them 3/4 times. In European games the away fans even with small numbers usually make a racket. Even when winning 2-0, barely heard them. WEIRD stuff. Tamest I've ever seen at the Etihad.

I'm in the habit of nipping on opposing fans' forums after a game just to get their take on it. Even with a good dollop of Google Translate the online RB fans come across as a miserable bunch of bastards. The manager Rose was taking the brunt of it but they've clearly got a downer on a few players. I get that they're pissed off given the start but they were playing away at the fucking European champions. At some point it was likely we'd turn up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.