RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Their second goal reminded me of the Coutinho finish too.

When was the last time we were 2-0 down and lost? We seems to come back most times these days.
Exactly like it! And Gvardiol a like-for-like replacement for Laporte in the Villa game - both left-footed centre halves getting done at right centre-back. Turned out nice again, as George Formby would have said, but there was a lot less hanging in last night’s comeback.

Pretty impressed with Leipzig, well organised, kept their shape really well, closed us down quickly and made life very difficult for us particularly in the first half. Admittedly we weren’t at the races, poor passing and poor finishing. Good substitutions from Pep, all three made a huge difference, Doku caused a host of problems for them, Ake brought a bit of calmness that was missing and Alvarezs’ presence allowed Phil some time and space on the ball to do his stuff and he bagged a great goal to seal the win.

Shocking first half, with some stunningly bad performances (Dias, Rodri, Akanji). But much improved second half, good show of character.
All the subs were very good, the change of shape made a world of difference. Hopefully stick with it and forget the fullbacks-out-wide-with-Rodri-hopelessly-isolated system we started with.
Shout out for Ake - so underrated. Outstanding defender, very good footballer. And obviously a brilliant pro who takes everything on board and goes out and does it.
Yep. Did you see where Walker was when they broke away for their first goal......almost on their fucking goal line.

Yep. Did you see where Walker was when they broke away for their first goal......almost on their fucking goal line.
I love Ake and voted for him as my player of season last, although obviously Erling was gonna win.

I am worried about Rodders- too many games.

And as for father Ruben, mind elsewhere. I mean that pink coat, new influences possibly distracting him ...not at his imperious best on the pitch lately.

Apart from Foden, Lewis, and Gvardiol, not sure Ortega or Walker did much wrong either.
Walker was miles out of position for their first, possibly because of instructions and tactics. I just don't see him as a 'player' when he gets too far up the pitch. Top speed merchant when defending though. My opinion only.

Went forward but couldn't be passed to as he was miles offside then just watched them break away. Not his finest moment
Pretty impressed with Leipzig, well organised, kept their shape really well, closed us down quickly and made life very difficult for us particularly in the first half. Admittedly we weren’t at the races, poor passing and poor finishing. Good substitutions from Pep, all three made a huge difference, Doku caused a host of problems for them, Ake brought a bit of calmness that was missing and Alvarezs’ presence allowed Phil some time and space on the ball to do his stuff and he bagged a great goal to seal the win.
Their 2 midfielders were excellent. The one marking Rodri and the other one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.