RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'm in the habit of nipping on opposing fans' forums after a game just to get their take on it. Even with a good dollop of Google Translate the online RB fans come across as a miserable bunch of bastards. The manager Rose was taking the brunt of it but they've clearly got a downer on a few players. I get that they're pissed off given the start but they were playing away at the fucking European champions. At some point it was likely we'd turn up.
To be fair the manager did seem like he wasn't wanting to win.

Kept playing out from the back despite us penning them in. Taking off their best player

We blew three what I thought were pretty easy chances over the bar in the first half. Dias header, Rico’s shot and Haaland’s shot. That’s what I wrote in the MD thread when we were 1 down — while the defens(c)e looked shaky, we had some good opportunities we needed to bury and I thought we’d come back if we got many more.

Of course I also texted “Cancel the statues for Haaland, Rodri and Pep” to a friend at half time :) :) :).

I agree on that bit. Was thinking surely Rico will bag it here.

Dias deffinately needs a time out he gets turned so easy and moves like he's in quicksand.walker offers us nothing playing so high up as well.id go eddy gk Lewis right stones akanji cb ake lb as the defence
Bernardo rodri mid two
then doku Alvarez foden haaland for spuds game
Walker “offers us nothing”, give over, last night we played a high line, in most games he’s more restrained and gives us protection from counter attacks, his pace is still incredible. Hes a brilliant player and one game doesn’t define his role in the team.

Sat in the stands last night and form the height i was at, it was glaringly obvious what we were missing…a KDB or David Silva or Eyal Berkovic or Ali Bernabia….there was just no creativity at all…yes when Rico or Phil got the ball in some modicum of space they went forward and we were on the edge of our seats but…..how long did Bernie stand on the right wing and not participate at all. So frustrating to watch…

Some reporter said Pep was working on something at Sunday practice. Was that something visible in the first half? Were they trying something new that went awry?

The shape was all over the place and Rodri looked lost and then panic mode set in. Dias also had a nightmare first half and looked like Richard Dunne

Sat in the stands last night and form the height i was at, it was glaringly obvious what we were missing…a KDB or David Silva or Eyal Berkovic or Ali Bernabia….there was just no creativity at all…yes when Rico or Phil got the ball in some modicum of space they went forward and we were on the edge of our seats but…..how long did Bernie stand on the right wing and not participate at all. So frustrating to watch…
Berkovic and Bernabia were brilliant in the Champiionship, nowhere near KDB, and the two Silva’s in the Premier League and Champions League.

Yep. I thought they played some really good football & we were well below par in first half. Then we realised we’d have to turn up. Phil started to play; Doku frightened everyone & our forwards took their chances at last.

Defence will improve when Jonny is back
We all want Stones back but the defence was very good vs Liverpool. And we still concede less chances on average than any other team in the league.

Overall, we have new players settling in, injuries and players who needed more of a break. City just need to pace themselves and, hopefully, save the best for the latter stages of the season.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.